1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bumper support clips

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by eliasuk98, Sep 3, 2010.

1. eliasuk98

eliasuk98 New Member

[Sep 3, 2010]
    ive got an audi a4 2.5 tdi v6 and my bumper support has come away from the bumper.. i thought it might be held by some sort of plastic revit type clips, went over to audi and the said the bumper support comes complete with the bumper.. any ideas guys? can i get these clips from anywhere ?

thanks in advance
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Sep 3, 2010]
    I think is moulded into the bumper but if it helps i have a spare one in me garden you can have for 20 quid... Obviously pick-up is needed from N. London...
  4. eliasuk98

eliasuk98 New Member

[Sep 3, 2010]
    thanks for your reply and offer for the bumper, but problem is im mounting a front mount intercooler, which is 3" thick so regardless even if i bought another bumper i'd still have to disconnect the bumper support from the bumper to mount everything properly, i wondering how this article got away with it,

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/media/A4 B5 1.8T FMIC fitting instructions.pdf

any other ideas would be most grateful thanks
  5. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

[Sep 4, 2010]
    From wot i have seen when working on my bumper, im sure you could use some small stubby self tapper type screws to re-attach the support bar to bumper, theyres plenty of meat on the bumper to catch.
  6. jamie226bhp

jamie226bhp Member

[Sep 4, 2010]
    the problem is the thickness of the intercooler think most are 2" to prevent to much alteration when fitting
  7. eliasuk98

eliasuk98 New Member

[Sep 5, 2010]
    its not so mucch the thickness as if you look at page 10 an the forge intercooler installation article you will see he has removed the plastic retaining mounts that hold the bumper support to the bumper, but now mention has been made how it put it back together.. someone must have done an intercooler job on a standard b5 bumper?? anyone..