Bumper spoiler

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I removed my towbar last weekend and where it was fitted left a cut out in the spoiler.

Apart from the standard bumper spoiler for a PFL avant, is there any other options out there?
Had a quick search and just found loads of gaudy rubbish.

Do you have any pics of it? I removed mine and it just left a bit of the underside of the bumper(black plastic) with a hole, not visible from behind unless you bend down to look. If its this then it unclips from the bumper, source one from a breaker and clip it back on if thats it.

Do you have any pics of it? I removed mine and it just left a bit of the underside of the bumper(black plastic) with a hole, not visible from behind unless you bend down to look. If its this then it unclips from the bumper, source one from a breaker and clip it back on if thats it.

No pics yet, I will try and get one today.

The hole they cut out is almost the complete height of the spoiler and about 2-3inches across.

I have the Votex one on mine, and there was also a hole in it above where the towbar used to be. I squared it away with some fibregalss, then resprayed it. It's an easy process that just requires patience and a steady hand. You can buy fibre glass kits from all good hardware stores (and Halfrauds-lol) for around 10-20 bucks. However I completely agree (and laugh) with Aragorns comment on ignoring it being the cheap quick fix option. DO NOT UNDER BUY ANY ****** OFF EBAY!!!!LOL.

I have the Votex one on mine, and there was also a hole in it above where the towbar used to be. I squared it away with some fibregalss, then resprayed it. It's an easy process that just requires patience and a steady hand. You can buy fibre glass kits from all good hardware stores (and Halfrauds-lol) for around 10-20 bucks. However I completely agree (and laugh) with Aragorns comment on ignoring it being the cheap quick fix option. DO NOT UNDER BUY ANY ****** OFF EBAY!!!!LOL.

Fiber is no an option. I'm so bad at it, its not even funny. (well may be a little)

what is this Votex kit? I've seen it mentioned a couple of times?

Far as I know it came from the factory as an option. Mine certainly did, I have the original Audi factory options print out for mine, and it includes "sports bodykit" which is obviously the votex. If you check out NWlarge black avant in the pics thread then you can see it.

One image of the hole left by the towbar.
Its not massive but i know its there and it bugs me.

2011_01_14_0236.jpg

And o god yes does it ever need a clean. Thats my weekend task.