1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bumper prang

rOb_A Jul 10, 2010

1. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

:unsure: hi all. just a quick Q. some kind soul has given me a nice surprise of prang'in my rear bumper and drove off without letting me know. it's not too bad, pushed the corner in and scuffed the paint.
    my Q is will the bumper dent push back ok? or will it need a new bumper. thanks in advance

2. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

usually with heat and filler a paintshop can manipulate it back, question is if its a viable job pics would help and ill advise you as best i can

3. Pii

Pii Member

Unlucky bloblob!

Without pictures I don't think the guys can assess the damage to be honest.

Why not upload some?

4. Pii

Pii Member

Phil beat me to it!

5. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

I agree with Phil, heat it and fill. But you do need to post pics.

6. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

tanks for the replies :friends: got some photo, anyone know how to upload the images?

7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Post the pics to a site like photobucket then insert the link into your post.

I will have a sport rear bumper available soon that has pdc built in with sline valance for sale.

8. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

you dont by chance have a bumper compatable with the s3 rear vallance facelift or pre do you?, i could get mine repaired but the hours to do so pretty much justify a bumper

9. NHN

Well no dont have sline/s3 upper mate which is the version you need, this ones a sport version with sline lower.

10. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

was just on the off chance, i need one with the 21/22mm parking sensorsso its a bit harder to get hold of

11. NHN

It already has the 21-22mm parking sensors fitted aswell mate, shame upper isnt to ur taste

12. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

yeah too bad ill get one, just down want to scrimp on thisone little part when i can just pay a little more and have teh s3 equivelant