1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bumper Jet Leak

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Alais DJA, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Alais DJA

Alais DJA Member

Few months back, got a water leak from the bumper jets drivers side

Woke up this morning and it's leaking on passengers side!!! ( with a nice frozen icicle)

Now, the bumpers gonna be off next month for the FMIC anyway, but anyone have any ideas as to the source....

Marcus
  2. danger S3

danger S3 Member

if the washers are sitting proud of the bumper then i would say the problem is the actual washer is leaking, usually caused by frost damage. both of mine were nackered when i got it and also the washer pump for the headlight washers too. just need to make sure u have a good mix of screen wash and make sure its all the way through to the washers
  3. AJC

AJC 3rd Gear

This always happens when it's freezing outside. I wouldn't do anything until it warms up a bit and then see if the problem persists.
  4. Alais DJA

Alais DJA Member

Had the wheel arches out yesterday. I basically bled them dry then flushed them with anti-freeze. Dried them both again and pointed the hoses going into jets vertical from the top NOT horizontal. So far so good - no leakes and ive been using them alot yesterday night to test and no leaks/