1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bumper/grille - bonnet panel gap

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Mini-mad-matt, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Mini-mad-matt

Mini-mad-matt Member

Hi,
    I've noticed that there is a gap that I would consider too large between my grille/bumper and my bonnet.

[​IMG]

Is it possible to adjust the bumper up a bit to close up the gap?
    I've looked through the the pics in the post your pictures section, and some seem to have a big gap, and some not?
    Any thoughts gratefully received,

Cheers,

MMM
  2. AudiMafia

AudiMafia Member

under bonnet there are some rubber adjustments, have a look there see might help....
  3. jimmy77

jimmy77 Member

lift your bonnet and look under it at the front, you will see some black rubber buffers, they screw in and out and this adjust the gaps around the front of the bonnet, it will have two on the outside and two further in,these could lower your bonnet too low against your wings tho so just try it,allso the top mounts on the bumper can be moved up slightly,its the torx screw! you might have to raise the catch on the slam panel tho if you cant get the gap nice but i think you will get it ok!
  4. Mini-mad-matt

Mini-mad-matt Member

Thanks for the replies! I'll have a look over the weekend.
    MMM
  5. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

You might have to resort to the bumper adjustment screws but these are a pain to get right as the bumper has to come off and you end up putting the bumper back on several times to see if the gap has shrunk.