1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulbs Advice please

dentsy Jul 14, 2010

1. dentsy

dentsy Loving my new to me allroad

Hi All, I have a 1995 N Reg Audi A4 saloon that i want to replace the Headlight Bulbs for Brighter ones also I have a few bulbs out behind the clocks display does any one know what type both of these are as most of the ones I have seen for sale are not specific about what cars they will fit especially when it comes to the Dash ones.

I have seen some LED Type buls but am unsure if these will fit my Car,

Many thanks,

Simon

I have the Audi code opton spreadsheet tool if anyone needs one :)

2. floyd 1.8 turbo

floyd 1.8 turbo Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre

Not sure about the dashlights but osram night breaker headlight bulbs are supposed to be the nuts

3. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

LED headlight bulbs??

I would invest in a set of HIDs - They will make a huge difference, loads of options available like ebay ones etc. plenty on Ebay for about £40 delivered if you look hard enough. Straight bulb replacements do make a difference, but won't be anywhere near as clear as HIDs.

4. jcb

jcb Active Member

dont waste your time on bulbs IMO, I tried nightbreakers, 85%+ philips jobbies, even put 100W ones in for a trial.
    save your money, spend £50 on a HID kit from HID Direct and you will never look back........

5. Jonion

Jonion Member

they are :o.k: use them in all my cars.
    I even replaced my 140w mains with the Nightbreakers.

As for using cheapo HIDs .. well they're good for one thing :Flush:
    maybe two if you like annoying everyone else on the road.
    With HIDs you get what you pay for, and anything other than a proper kit with lens designed for the job you are getting half a job at best.

No idea what the HID direct kits are but generally speaking see above.

6. floyd 1.8 turbo

floyd 1.8 turbo Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre

Yeah i've heard that aftermarket HID kits are pony, There was a thread on here not so long ago all about it