1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulb warning lights front indicator and rear brake?!?!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by munchkincoupe, Jan 2, 2013.

1. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

[Jan 2, 2013]
    Had warning light on last week for front right indicator bulb. Took light out and changed the bulb for an expensive Philips bulb as had a naff one in place but it wasn't blown. Worked fine until this morning and now it's not working again and the bulb warning light is back on. When I got into my car after work there is now also a warning light on for rear right brake light bulb but that is working fine, The front inidicator is still not working. When I indicate right it is flashing at double speed!

Can anyone help me out on this as I don't want to keep on taking the headlight out?

Should I pay for an Auto-electrician to check the wiring?

Thanks for any help
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

4. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

[Feb 8, 2013]
    Was driving at 60mph when car suddenly died - esp light and flashing coil light came on. Car went into super-limp mode and wouldn't go more than walking pace. Needed a lifting wagon to get it back to my mechanics. Diagnostics gave a P1693 fault

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...ausible-signal-diagnostics-1-9-tdi-130-a.html

I had already done the plenum grommets when I replaced the battery at Xmas and ecu box was dry and sealed. Fitted a new accelerator pedal and the lights have gone and the indicator fault has gone too :)

Also the car had always been slightly hesitant when setting off which has also now been remedied so fly-by-wire must have been on it's way out
  5. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

[Feb 9, 2013]
    Car died on me again today in heavy rain. Left it on incline and heaters on for an hour and faults have now gone again. Got it home and stripped down the ecu housing and found the fault - someone has tried to remove the housing before, not undone the back left bolt and snapped the corner off leaving an easy entry point for moisture

Will order a new one on monday!