1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bulb upgrade

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by audi_nyc, Apr 22, 2013.

1. audi_nyc

audi_nyc New Member

Hey guys. Just leased my first audi so I don't want to go crazy with modding it since I plan to turn it back in. Anyway, it's basically a 2013 base model A4 with a few minor [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]factory [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]upgrades[/FONT][/FONT], if you even want to call them that... upgraded dark grey paint which I love. Upgraded/more rugged matts in car and trunk. Dual heated seats (might have not even been an upgrade). It's basically a base model A4. (But I love her unconditionally, especially when I put that A8 tranny into sport mode and give the quattro a run for its money) lol.

Regardless, I didn't want to fork over the extra money for the upgraded [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]lighting[/FONT][/FONT] package (even though they look awesome). I did, however, noticed my rear license plate has some kind of light (LED?) that is more a blueish or at least a true [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]white [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]light[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] unlike my basic ([/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]halogen[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]?) headlights that you see on any honda or toyota.[/FONT]

Are there any bulbs I could swap out that would give a similar shade of lightning without looking ricey? I don't want to go with any of the [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]xenon[/FONT][/FONT] or HID kits as that would be too costly and time consuming to revert back before turning it in on lease in 3 years.

So, school me on a [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]bulbs[/FONT][/FONT] and tell what kind of bulbs I am looking for.

Thanks,
    Your newest newb
    :sm4:
  2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Try user t8ups on here. Welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x