1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulb Question - Need Help

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Kev Boy, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Kev Boy

Kev Boy Member

Hi All,I was wondering if you could help me out. Im looking to fit new bulbs to my car. Sick of the yellow standard ones as they look stupid.Basically i was wondering the best way to go about getting bulbs that are white or blue but are not HIDs. I know you are best to just get HIDs but i dont want the hassle of converting my lights to use them (plus i dont know how). Looking for dipped, full beam and sidelight bulbs. Not sure if I can get LED bulbs for sidelights or ive seen SMD bulbs but i dont really know what im doing. If you have pics showing the bulbs on your car that would be a bonus! But just a link to where to buy them or a name would be great!What like a job is it to change them? Its not a full front dismantle is it? Can they be changed without removing bumpers or the headlights themselves?Cheers, Kevin.
  2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

t8ups likes this.
  3. Kev Boy

Kev Boy Member

Thats great thanks, i will do just that :D
  4. Kev Boy

Kev Boy Member

As another question, ive been reading a lot about LEDs throwing errors up on the computer. Can this be turned off using an OPCOM that an audi garage would use? I have one with all different heads for all cars. It can be used to switch off airbag lights, service warnings etc. I have only ever used it to diagnose problems though as its not a fix. But with these sidelight bulbs, theres nothing dangerous about using it for this. Would it work though or would the system not be happy?
  5. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator

I have sidelight bulbs from T8ups and they work fine with no errors.
    In fact, get everything you need from T8ups and you won't have a problem.

And yes, the front bumper has to come off.
    NHN and t8ups like this.
  6. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Yeap T8ups is your man for these things :)