1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulb out warning finaly fixed

Dibbler Jan 14, 2012

1. Dibbler

Dibbler New Member

Hi All,
    Posted on here about the constant brake light warning ,after swapping every rear bulb twice,
    wiring checks I was at a loss ,even swapped out the monitoring relay,
    I went to the local breakers (which is in Poole Trents) and the have 2 avants in atm, and about 4 other asst B5's
    I removed a high level brake light and swapped with my old and despite having only 3 bulbs working didn't flag the warning light.
    for the first time since the beginning of December I have no beeps or bulb out warning.
    I replaced the remaining bulb with my now burdening collection and all is good .

I have the old brake light if any one wants to change these or practice soldiering LED and 2 spare monitoring relays if any body wants them as well as 2 rear Audi mud flaps from a B6 that won't fit my Avant properly ( well they were there and only a £1 so had to remove them )

I also managed to get 3 new hard plastic lower door trims ,I will keep an eye out and collect these as they come in in case any one else wants them ,the breakers charge about £3 each .

2. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 saloon Team Akoya TDi

weldone on the fix.
    I hate that beeping on start up.
    Really annoying.

How often do you go back the breakers?
    Can you remember what the B5s had on them?

Double din, dimming mirror? :)

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I'll take the old light if it's going begging?

My bulb warning wotsit has been bypassed.lol So no LED beeps here

4. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Well done on the fix.

5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

presumably the wedge bulbs you were using to replace the blown ones were of the wrong wattage then?

6. Dibbler

Dibbler New Member

I thought that but the light from the breakers had a few bulbs out so swapped with the new ones from my with old light and perfect all light up no warnings . swapped it all back to the old one and warning straight away .

7. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 saloon Team Akoya TDi

dodgy connection with in the 3rd break light?

Strip it down and take a look.

8. Dibbler

Dibbler New Member

Have a look on trents.co.uk ,I check weekly and pop in as and when its only 5 mins from me ,
    did the leather handbrake and cover from a B6 last weekend cost £5, new Avant boot cover £8 etc

9. ScottD3

Load cover?
    I need me a load cover in black/grey and a grey leather hand brake.