'Bulb life extension' setting for A3 Halogens

traindweller

Reaction score
Has anybody managed to find and disable this setting (and increase the voltage, and subsequent brightness to dipped halogens) for the 8v model.

Searching, I have found lots of good advice to go to;
-central electrics
-coding 07
-Byte 19
- bit 0-3 to drop down menu, where the voltage table should be for adjustment or the disable facility

I think this must have changed with the 8v model as using VCDS I can get all the way to bit 0-3 but no drop down menu or anything about headlight voltage . It could be that this facility is no longer available but it would be good to rule it out if so.

Anybody found this setting elsewhere and could point me in the right direction please.

Has anybody managed to find and disable this setting (and increase the voltage, and subsequent brightness to dipped halogens) for the 8v model.

Searching, I have found lots of good advice to go to;
-central electrics
-coding 07
-Byte 19
- bit 0-3 to drop down menu, where the voltage table should be for adjustment or the disable facility

I think this must have changed with the 8v model as using VCDS I can get all the way to bit 0-3 but no drop down menu or anything about headlight voltage . It could be that this facility is no longer available but it would be good to rule it out if so.

Anybody found this setting elsewhere and could point me in the right direction please.
If you are trying to compare the 8V to the 8P don't as the systems used are very very different. This is byte 19 in an 8V, which is not used for anything within the MQB Pre Facelift Platform:

Image 028

For Bulb Voltages and functions you need to look at the Light Configuration and Leuchte Adaptation Channels within 09.

Thanks Alix, that clears up one part of it, now I just need to understand which one of the adaption channels refers to the low beam voltage and what values to change. Will continue my research in that area.
Thanks for the quick response.

Here ya go :)

Screen Shot 2016 12 18 at 234744

Screen Shot 2016 12 18 at 235019

Screen Shot 2016 12 18 at 235517

*The 3rd image, Lasttype channels, is for a car with Xenon Headlights and LED Rears but I thought to post as a pointer as to where to look for the voltage settings.

Thanks Alix, that's a helpful pointer and I will have a look at the 'Abblendicht' over the next few days and see what I can find.