1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bulb blown i think

audi doodey Feb 11, 2007

1. audi doodey

audi doodey New Member

hi all
    i have an a3 1.9tdi and on the edge of the door is a red light which is to warn people of the fact that the door is open.this is not not working and i cannot find any info in the manual on how to get into it to replace the bulb. the one on the passenger side works o.k.
    any help appreciated
    regards.:icon_thumright:

2. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

Try changing the bulb maybe? sensible place to start or swap the bulbs over...

3. audi doodey

audi doodey New Member

aware now the bulb has gone but how do you remove the red lense cover to get at said blown bulb
    regards:icon_thumright:

4. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

No idea, getting the whole door card off is pretty easy though, sure someone with a brain will be along to help soon.

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Screwdriver might help, they usually just pop off from one side, see if there is a groove on the edge of the lense/cover to have a pull at.

6. buckas

buckas Member

have a cheeky look in the a3 haynes manual at your local halfords if you don't know how to get it off :sm4: