1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Builders + roof - tiles = Damaged A4!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by filipharvey, Feb 4, 2007.

1. filipharvey

filipharvey Amusing Tagline

Its taken me a while to report this on here, been busy sorting things out!
    Anyway, we had some builders working on our roof, doing some lead work. The car was parked on the other side of the house to the work men (who didnt even announce their arrival), hence why we didn't move the car!

My kids had been playing in the garden, just before school. They had litrally just got into the car when several lumps of concrete came crashing down off the roof, and onto the car. 30 seconds earlier and it could have been on one of my children's heads.

Obviously, when my mrs rang to tell me what had happened, I rushed home from work to 'have a word' with the cowboys and view the damage. Its mainly paint work - bonnet, bumpers, boot, both wings, both o/s doors.

I spoke to the head of this company, who admitted liability and apologuised for the danger he had put my family in. He also has agreed to pay for repairs.

Now, there are a few scratches that were there before, but close to the damage they caused, that I will be getting repaired at their expense, but what I don't want to happen is for the car to become several shades of blue. As most of the panels on the car have had some sort of paintwork damage caused by this company, do you think it would be best to get a full respray, rather than just the scratches???
  2. Mart

Mart Active Member

If their paying, then a full respray it is! (after all it's due to their incompetence!)
  3. filipharvey

filipharvey Amusing Tagline

Yeh. Suppose I should get it in writing that they admit liabilty and will pay for the repairs.
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that the windscreen is pitted all over, so that will have to be replaced too!
  4. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

then put a CCTV out side the house,

because the cowboys will get a telling off and you dont want them to come back and damage your car,

if you know what i mean