Build week date starts today..

brad9753

Reaction score
What can I expect timescale wise? Have not heard anything from the dealership yet.
How long should it take to build, get ready to ship, ship over...etc etc etc.. based on peoples past experience?

Also, off topic, I plan on doing no more than about 6000 miles a year..how much can I expect the service to be? And has anyone ever managed to get any free oil? I hear new cars drink it up for the first few miles?

I was advised by my dealer that they allow 3 weeks from build week to receiving the car, so you could be looking at Sept 1st collection too!
Maybe give the dealer a call ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Oh thats interesting. You are week 31 too! I think my dealship are playing it safe. They said I "should" get the car by the first. And say that from the start of the build date give it 4/5 weeks. Certainly never said 3.
And I have booked a short holiday down south starting on the 3rd, where the main purpose is to give the car a run, so hope it will be here!

Oh thats interesting. You are week 31 too! I think my dealship are playing it safe. They said I "should" get the car by the first. And say that from the start of the build date give it 4/5 weeks. Certainly never said 3.
And I have booked a short holiday down south starting on the 3rd, where the main purpose is to give the car a run, so hope it will be here!

I am wondering if my dealer is a little confused as to what the status of the order means? Got an email from him saying:

"The car should have been built now as week 31 is the most up to date status I have from Audi, we quote up to 3 weeks for transport so it should be here for September 1st! But I will keep you updated on the transportation from Germany!

So I'm not convinced it is fully built yet but either way we should be on target for Sept 1st :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2