1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build week 49

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by dieseldoug, Nov 26, 2012.

1. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

[Nov 26, 2012]
    Car should be built around 5th December, hopefully on the road start of 2013, A4 S-line departing. My Q5 is full S-Line spec on Daytona Grey and 20" offroad alloys, so the A3 will be the toy.....

Spec
    2.0 TDI
    Scuba Blue
    Full S-Line spec including suspension
    privacy glass
    fine nappa leather
    heated seats
    heated/folding mirrors
    tyre pressure monitoring
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

[Dec 10, 2012]
    Car has been built, still at factory going through quality control, hopefully should be in Aberdeen in the next 10 days...
    If later I cannot see it being preped and ready until mid January
  4. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

[Dec 14, 2012]
    Just had word from Aberdeen Audi my car is waiting at Emden for shipping to UK, still looking good for 1st week in January hopefully.
  5. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 14, 2012]
    ​Im sure your getting excited. Time will pass so slow now. Cant wait to see the pics. :) x
  6. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

[Dec 14, 2012]
    Thanks Sandra,

Yes it will be the First S-Line in Scuba Blue in Aberdeen (supplied by Aberdeen Audi) yes I will post pictures when I see it but I may only see the pictures myself as I work overseas and only home limited days.
  7. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 14, 2012]
    Lol, hope you get back to see it soon, be nice to have a totally different colour and car, im sure Aberdeen is full of white S3's. Will see at one of the meets soon, we will be venturing up your way at some point in the first half of the year, hope your not offshore and can attend. Just keep an eye on the events section, im juggling with 4 or 5 possible meets atm. :) x
  8. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

[Dec 14, 2012]
    Thanks Sandra,

Yes will look out for the meets, hopefully be at home but as usual everything works out the opposite!!
    I will get pictures posted as my sons will do that for me if I am away, every new car has been picked up by my wife as I am away so I can see this one being no different.
  9. slade777

slade777 Member

[Dec 14, 2012]
    Scuba blue is a lovely colour. Bet you can't wait for its arrival!
  10. PjDali

PjDali Member

[Dec 14, 2012]
    Would be keen to see pics as can't say I've seen many (if any) Scuba Blue New A3 - been told my build week is 5 so as each new owner posts updates or pics I'm like a big wean getting more excited. haha
  11. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

[Dec 15, 2012]
    I only seen the colour Scuba Blue on a picture of a Q5 which I thought looked nice. Basically the car has been spec'd by my wife, test drove by my wife and final order by me, I have never been inside an A3 so let's hope Audi stand up to their reputation as my Q5 and A4. I didn't take the NAV option on the A3 as I have been let down on the Q5 with this, the map is a out 20 months out of date on a car that was built in February/March 2012 and no update as yet again I will have to pay hence no NAV on the A3,
  12. nadsi77

nadsi77 Member

[Dec 15, 2012]
  13. JayDZS*

JayDZS* Member

[Dec 16, 2012]
    Personally I don't think pictures do scuba justice. I hate it in pictures but when I see it in the flesh I instantly love it!
  14. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

[Dec 16, 2012]
    Some colours stand out but dont change, I have had inky blue (passat), mauritius blue (A4) and these colours look so different in the shade and the bright light, the Scuba Blue colour will look the same also, as I have seen pictures of it under good day light which made us choose this colour.
    I currently have a Harley Davidson which is Colbolt Blue, this looks purple in the shade but the full effect of the colour in the sun is amazing.
  15. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

[Jan 3, 2013]
    Just heard from Aberdeen Audi the A3 is in the UK now waiting for transport to Aberdeen, heading to Spain for 8 days so everything should be ready when I come back.
  16. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

[Jan 10, 2013]
    Aberdeen Audi phoned regarding car pick up date, Friday no good as my wife is working and I am in Spain, salesman is on weekend off so it will have to be Monday. I did ask why anyone else cannot release the car, no positive answer other than they like the salesman to follow through to the end.
  17. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

[Jan 14, 2013]
    Car picked up today will post pictures later, so far very inpresed having never driven the A3 before. The full S-line spec and suspension is brilliant, I would actually say it is better than my departed A4 S-line.
    The Scuba Blue colour is very interesting, when the car was in the show room and we were 30ft from the car it looked black, as we got closer the true affect of the colour stood out.
  18. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

[Jan 14, 2013]
    It seems everyone who ordered from the Audi main dealer is getting Theres first :(
    Because I ordered mine through a broker ive had to wait ages..... Told originally march 1st , then April early, now mid to late April.

Well annoyed.
  19. dieseldoug

dieseldoug Member

[Jan 16, 2013]
    1.JPG scuba blue.JPG

Pick the car up on Monday drives great even with the full S-line suspension, I would say the set up is better than my departed A4 S-line. Scuba Blue, the first one sold by Aberdeen Audi in this format.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013