Build week 38 :)

97catalunya

Reaction score
WooHoo after placing the order a few weeks ago I just got a call from Audi and they finally got a build week for us :) so week 38 it is with pick up early October.

After a couple of changes our final order is as follows.

A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic,
Daytona Grey,
Tech Pack,
Comfort Pack,
Front & Rear sensors,
Parking Camera,
Folding Mirrors,
Interior Lighting Pack,
B&O,
Advanced Key,
Hold Assist.

So excited :) I guess about 100 days and counting ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fragup and Sandra
Cool you got a date now. Thats another countdown thread to look forward too. 100 days will pass quickly. :) x

Reactions: 97catalunya
Just checking it seems 3 weeks ago, what was your original delivery estimate

Nice spec! I presume by "LED pack" you mean the Interior Lighting pack?

Just checking it seems 3 weeks ago, what was your original delivery estimate

Yes was ordered on the 1st with an estimated delivery date of 28th Sept, so not too far off the estimated. One big change we made was the colour so I don't know if this may have delayed it a bit?

Thanks Vertigo. As we have never had either an Audi or a brand new car before we thought "what the hell if we are spending this much money it may as well be perfect" ;) and yes interior lighting pack. Thanks for pointing that out I will edit it.

Thanks Sandra, we are so excited. I have only ever seen 2 A3 8V's in my home town, but there is one near the station where I drop my other half every day for work. But it happens to be a Daytona Grey S-Line 3 door, so every evening I pick her up she asks "can we take a detour so we can drive past the Audi again" lol the proud owner is prob getting paranoid that we are planning to steal it or something as we cruise past at 5mph :racer:

Reactions: Sandra
Thanks Sandra, we are so excited. I have only ever seen 2 A3 8V's in my home town, but there is one near the station where I drop my other half every day for work. But it happens to be a Daytona Grey S-Line 3 door, so every evening I pick her up she asks "can we take a detour so we can drive past the Audi again" lol the proud owner is prob getting paranoid that we are planning to steal it or something as we cruise past at 5mph :racer:

That made me lol. Time will pass quick, soon have your own, you will probably sleep in it, lol. :) x

Build week 38 not bad,I ordered mine in April and got build week 35,long way off but will be worth it,I enjoy reading countdowns etc.

OMG! We have been out of the country for the last week. Have seen how some people's build weeks have come forward so thought I would give Southend Audi a call to see if ours had moved?

6 weeks earlier, week 31!!!! Looking like a Sept 1st collection :D if all goes well they are inviting us to a BBQ the night before and driving out the showroom at 12:01am on the 1st woop woop #excited :D

OMG! We have been out of the country for the last week. Have seen how some people's build weeks have come forward so thought I would give Southend Audi a call to see if ours had moved?

6 weeks earlier, week 31!!!! Looking like a Sept 1st collection :D if all goes well they are inviting us to a BBQ the night before and driving out the showroom at 12:01am on the 1st woop woop #excited :D

that's cool!

I was hoping for the same from my dealer on 1st September, but they have opted for collection slots starting Sunday morning. Still hoping they might do the midnight thing but by all accounts getting registration sorted when new plate day is a Sunday can be a bit problematic apparently, not sure why.

that's cool!

I was hoping for the same from my dealer on 1st September, but they have opted for collection slots starting Sunday morning. Still hoping they might do the midnight thing but by all accounts getting registration sorted when new plate day is a Sunday can be a bit problematic apparently, not sure why.

Lol not sure how they will do it? All he said was BBQ starting at 9pm, live band providing the entertainment for the evening, then cars can be driven away after midnight. How exciting is that! All I know is no champaign for me that night ;)

Lol not sure how they will do it? All he said was BBQ starting at 9pm, live band providing the entertainment for the evening, then cars can be driven away after midnight. How exciting is that! All I know is no champaign for me that night ;)
wow sounds great.you've got a good dealership there-good night out and 1st class transport home.enjoy!