1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build date to delivery..

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by mister.c., Nov 28, 2008.

1. mister.c.

mister.c. Member

[Nov 28, 2008]
    Currently waiting for the new arrival - ordered two weeks ago and got a build date of wk51 which isn't too bad at all. Its a A3 2.0TFSI Sline.

Given we don't have the joy of picking up a car direct from the factory, I was just wondering what the timescales are, and what actually happens. My lease company tend to be a bit useless to get that kind of information.

I imagine it is built at somewhere like Brussells or Germany then transported (probably by train) to be shipped over every so often (say every week) then gets to the dealer a few days after arriving and they spend a week or so doing what they need to do.

I guess something like a month from build date to actually receiving the goods.

Which bits of the above (probably all) is complete rhubarb! - any information gratefully received.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Jo Sharp

Jo Sharp Member

[Nov 28, 2008]
    My S3 Sportback was built 2 weeks ago, arrived in UK today, reaches the dealer next Wednesday and I'm hoping to collect it next Friday....
  4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Nov 28, 2008]
    The timescales seem about right. Cars made in Ingolstadt go by train to Bremerhaven in Northern Germany. Here they are loaded onto a ship for transport to the UK. Not sure if the same happens with cars made at the Brussels plant.
  5. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

[Nov 28, 2008]
    Credit crunch is kicking in, There are a number of car facotories shutting down for a month over christmas due to poor sales. Any sales they do get are being prioritised, must be the same for Audi I reckon, buy one and they will do their best to get it to you!
  6. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Nov 28, 2008]
    At least in October Audi's sales seem to be holding up, although even they are intending to have a longer than normal Christmas break at their two German plants.

For further details of the October sales figures see:

http://www.audiworld.com/news/08/october-sales-growth/
  7. mac1403

mac1403 Member

[Nov 29, 2008]
    It can be very quick. Mine was build week 42...I was driving it away from the dealers 10 days later.:)
  8. M7 ATW

M7 ATW New Member

[Nov 29, 2008]
    My new sportback was confirmed as being built approximately 4 weeks ago, yet it still hasn't been shipped from Germany yet. Apparently there has been a hold up with vehicles being shipped from this plant, however, they're hopefully expecting it to be delivered to the dealers on Wednesday next week.

I can't wait, roll on next week!!!!