Buff daddy pro pads

AlexA4Avant

Reaction score
Hi guys have been searching net and on here to find out wheather i should bin the new pads that came with my bdpro. One is a orange waffle feels pretty firm and a red waffle but as i have never used these, always used bonnets on a 10", i just want to know if they will be ok on audi paint ordered m105 and m205 to remove the fine scratches in my paint

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

Can't comment on the BD pads but I have Chemical Guys White and Orange Hexlogic pads. They are fairly firm too if that's what's worrying you? I spritz them with quick detailer before using them and have had no issues.

Also have Meguiars #105 and #205. It's a good combo for Audi paint but don't be surprised if it doesn't fix everything.

Its there shape thats worrying me they arent flat like the hex logic ones i am ordering lakecountry ones to use that are flat

Reactions: scotty76
Hmm that does sound a bit odd. I've got a white lake country pad which is fine.

Will give it a go and see what happens but they are deffo waffle ones

I find the waffle pads, hexlogic etc to be more forgiving than the flat ones. I only use the flat pads I have for heavy swirls, RDS I come across (none on my car) they do the work but do put a fair bit of heat onto the paint and can easily get too hot on plastic bumpers mirrors etc, and end making the paint soft that it drags away from the plastic.

This is such a subjective area, but for me I find the waffle pads to be excellent for finishing / refining. I have far too many pads and polish and find different combinations of both work differently depending on the paint and the car. Good excuse for the wife when she sends for even more detailing deliveries. I have found that Meguires polish works really well on Audi paint - my favourite at the moment is Megs 80 speed glaze

The BD Pro being dual action is a lot more forgiving in terms of technique than a rotary, you may find that you have to go for the firmer pads to get the result that you want.