1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buckmore Park Karting

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mikebabs1, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Mikebabs1

Mikebabs1 Member

[Mar 29, 2005]
    Anyone been karting at Buckmore Park off the M2 in Kent? I used to go camping at the scout centre next to it when I was a nipper, and have always fancied giving it a go, the circuit looks awesome!

I'm planning on arranging a karting day in the next couple of months and wondered if anyone here had any advice on the best option to go for. They offer a variety of choices, both in terms of events and actual karts used.

Any opinions welcome.

Cheers

Mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 28, 2015]

3. Markey

Markey Active Member

[Mar 29, 2005]
    The track is great and well maintained, i drive past it on the way to work.
    I am defo interested in that it would be good fun.
  4. Mikebabs1

Mikebabs1 Member

[Mar 29, 2005]
    Yeah, it looks superb.

Cool, if you'd like to come along you're more than welcome, as is anyone else on here. Just let me know which weekends you can or can't do in May/June/July, and I'll let you know once I've provisionally booked it.

The cost is between £64 and £79 depending on how many people I get, and which karts we go for.

Cheers

Mike
  5. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[Mar 29, 2005]
    I may well be interested and would like to bring a mate along if we can both make it.

Kev.
  6. shresh

shresh Member

[Mar 31, 2005]
    I'm not gonna be able to make it, but just to let you know, it is a great track!

First fast double right hander is a time earner surprisingly. the 2 following hairpins are very technical on the braking. and then there's a good fast section with big kerbs and camber to help... have to be careful braking at the end of it though, as they place a marshall down there to stop 'reckless' driving.... i call it racing though!

i've only ever done free driving sessions (except for my 7th birthday 14 years ago which was a tournament 'gp' event - although i'm sure it was rigged for me to win and spray the fake champagne!). for value of money, especially once you know the track well, i hear the quali + race GP events are the way to go.

amazing track though.
  7. W8 Performance

W8 Performance Member

[Mar 31, 2005]
    No worries NSD. Will squeeze you in!
  8. imported_mustwin1

imported_mustwin1 Guest

[Apr 1, 2005]
    You guys have defo chosen the best track in the south-east!

If I remember correctly they have Thunderkarts at Buckmore, allegedly they can go 80mph, maybe on a run-way, not on a kart track though! However, they are still quicker than the 'pro-karts', and if it rains you'll have fun-ous much-ous (they don't change to wet tyres.....).

You can do individual sprint races, or if you get enough bods together you can do an endurance race with pit stops to change drivers, team rivalries are always good!
  9. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 1, 2005]
    Sounds like a good idea but I cant make the first two weekend in May as I will be at the big VAG fest in Austria.