Bucket seats

richardn

Reaction score
hey guys,

This is my first post. Getting my silver s3 in a month and would like to know if it's possible to get the bucket seats on ebay or something like that and put them in urself? Not really feeling the R47000(south african rand) price tag on them. That's about 3200pounds...

Thanks!

P.S CAN'T WAIT!

its a shame that we have to pay so much in SA
but i still think they're totally worth it

Rarely seeen on E Bay, although a set of RS4 seats recently sold for in the region of £1000, can't remember the exact price. I would think the S3 version can be retrofitted with the correct sub frame Etc, although your back seats would not match. RS4 seats would be no good as they do not tilt forward to gain rear access.

Mark

markwiggy said:
Rarely seeen on E Bay, although a set of RS4 seats recently sold for in the region of £1000, can't remember the exact price. I would think the S3 version can be retrofitted with the correct sub frame Etc, although your back seats would not match. RS4 seats would be no good as they do not tilt forward to gain rear access.

Mark

I can get RS4 seats for £1600 in black with black backs. But they don't tilt forward as they are saloon ones. You'd need the estate ones to tilt forward :icon_thumright:

N8KOW said:
I can get RS4 seats for £1600 in black with black backs. But they don't tilt forward as they are saloon ones. You'd need the estate ones to tilt forward :icon_thumright:
The RS4 Avant seats don't tilt forward either (I've got an RS4 Avant), it's only the RS4 cabrio seats that tilt forward.

N8KOW said:
But they don't tilt forward as they are saloon ones. You'd need the estate ones to tilt forward :icon_thumright:

As I said, but don't you mean the Cabrio ones that tilt forward as i think the Avant (estate) are fixed like the saloon.

Mark

The RS4 seats are superb, just not sure I'd want "RS4" stamped on seats fitted in an A3.

Have a look at the Recaro Sportster CS range richardn...

The Recaro buckets are now available for Retrofit to match the S3 Interior. They are under the Audi Accessories Programme but chances are they won't be apparoved for the UK. So you'll probably have to purchase from VAG Parts

Funny think is that you can buy directly thesame seats but in Recaro Japan :D , but in EU and USA you w got only these

hey guys,

thanks for all the feedback!

To be honest i'm not going to be keen on putting any non audi parts into my baby. I won't even want to stick my GPS to it. I know i'm a little crazy.

Nelson_Wilbury said:
The Recaro buckets are now available for Retrofit to match the S3 Interior. They are under the Audi Accessories Programme but chances are they won't be apparoved for the UK. So you'll probably have to purchase from VAG Parts

Do they match the "golfball" pattern in the standard S3 seat?

You can spec S3 bucket seats for £1600 into any A3, saw it in the online brouchure last night.....they look gorgeous! But, the other A3 seats may be more practical...

N8KOW said:
You can spec S3 bucket seats for £1600 into any A3, saw it in the online brouchure last night.....they look gorgeous! But, the other A3 seats may be more practical...

Got a link?

The SportSter CS in that pic is acually the closest you can find to the S3 seats... get the full leather black one (with airbag) and not a lot of people will know the difference. Problem is Audi might invalidate everything on the car :(

They are the same seats that are in the new Renault btw.

Slightly off topic here, but can anyone suggest a way of getting in/out the car with bucket seats in a elegant manner that wont crease the side bolsters?

I usually find myself in a quite awkward position getting out, and need the door to be quite wide open.

N8KOW said:
1 question I have, the bucket seats aren't heated? Or are they?

They are heated, part of the seat package.

Hi Guys
We are recaro agents and recaro make the seats for most of the Vag group we can supply you the exact same seats as in the S3 and now these seats are available with the side airbag options so everything works but you cannot make RS4 seats fit in an S3 as far as im aware as the floor pan mounting points are different you would also have to wire in a relay and loom to get the electric RS4 seats to work,which isnt impossible as we have done it for customers who have golfs. If someone knows anymore then please feel free to update me

Techimike said:
Hi Guys
We are recaro agents and recaro make the seats for most of the Vag group we can supply you the exact same seats as in the S3 and now these seats are available with the side airbag options so everything works but you cannot make RS4 seats fit in an S3 as far as im aware as the floor pan mounting points are different you would also have to wire in a relay and loom to get the electric RS4 seats to work,which isnt impossible as we have done it for customers who have golfs. If someone knows anymore then please feel free to update me

Darren at G-Werks told me his RS4 seats took 16 hours to fit in his Mk1 TT. How much are the S3 seats supplied and fitted then?? I already have heated seats....thanks

Techimike said:
Hi Guys

Price, specs, link if possible? hehe, I suppose it would cost a fortune to sent to South Africa?

richardn said:
hey guys,

This is my first post. Getting my silver s3 in a month and would like to know if it's possible to get the bucket seats on ebay or something like that and put them in urself? Not really feeling the R47000(south african rand) price tag on them. That's about 3200pounds...

Thanks!

P.S CAN'T WAIT!

By the way, what seats did you spec?