Bubbling on Roof

nicklght

Imthegod
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I just thought i would let you all know that i took my car to portsmouth audi, who recommended i take my car to Harwoods Accident Repair Centre (Audi's approved Centre) so they can have a look at the bubbling paintwork on the roof rails.

Well after a weeks wait they have approved my claim and now my car is currently with them have the work done. They have even supplied a courtesy car.

I have always put off getting my paintwork checked but i'm glad i did now as it's getting sorted for free.

I will let you know the outcome.

Nick

Good luck mate.

On a side note for anyone else considering it - my brothers S3 was initially refused a warranty claim on the same 'bubbling roof problem' due to higher paint depth readings. They then called back a few months later and offered to repair it (apparntly Audi UK had a few people complaining when their cars were rejected and they eventually decided to honour the original warranty).

If you have a bubbling roof and have had it rejected, give your local Audi dealership a call and get them to re-check if Audi UK will honour it (or try another dealership!)

I presume this only applies for cars which have got a fsh with Audi ?

mine has a bit of bubbling on one small part of the roof rail. It's by the rear end one side - about 6 inches in length. Not sure if that's typical ?

Nah, mine didn't have Audi FSH when I had the roof done a couple of years ago. I simply took it down, pointed at the rust, pointed at the warranty card and they pointed me to the workshop. Simples. :)

As long as the roof hasn't been done previously you should be good to go. I'm tempted to see if I can't get my boot done too as I have a small amount of bubbling on the piece that surrounds the key hole now too :(

What warranty card did you point out ? I bought mine from an auction (1 previous owner) - never got any warranty with it, but do have all the history.

More of an expression than anything. The car comes with a xx-year paint warranty so I simply asked how long it was on my car and it was within the timeframe so they sorted me out.

Neither my car or my brothers car had full Audi Service history, the paint warranty is listed in the literature that the original owner would have been given and states 12 years warranty on corrosion (with the usual disclaimers). All you gotta do is visit your local friendly Audi dealership and speak to anyone there. Most of the staff are aware of it and should point you in the right direction (normally to an authorised paint shop locally).

The paint shop will inspect the car and take measurements of paint thickness using a paint depth guage and take photo's, then pass this onto Audi UK who will (depending on the time of the month) authorise the work to be carried out.

They didnt ask to see anything like that when i took my car in. A guy throughly inspected it took a few readings, he didn't even look at the service book. I just said i was looking to sell it back to audi as part of a part exchange. ha ha

Mine just got rejected by Audi in London finchely they took a few hours to call me back say the good will or whatever they called it was rejected as the the bubble is under the paint! So I said ok whatever there was not much I could do!

good will ? I thought it fell under the 12 year so-called body warranty ?
bubble under paint ? Where else would it be ?

I would point them to this forum and all the posts surrounding the warranty claim, it's well documented and any dealership worth their salt would honour the original warranty, if not, try another dealership if you can.