1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BT Kits

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by zbeasty, Feb 18, 2013.

1. zbeasty

zbeasty New Member

I've looked at the tuning guide and done a search of the forum but can't seem to find if anyone has used this kit on a B5 A4 Quattro.

CTS TURBO B5 A4 1.8T TURBO KIT

CTS can't tell me if it will fit a RHD car so was hoping someone on here might have used the kit previously. It's a low mount not a top mount set up so don't know if this will cause clearance issues. I'm looking at getting it with the GTX3071 because they don't sell it without the turbo otherwise I'd probably just get a Forced Performance HTA3071. The other option is to buy everything separately and build my own kit.

Advantage of the CTS kit is that it comes with everything to be able to just bolt on, add an FMIC, some injectors, a pump and tune away. Build my own means fabricating the pipe work, sourcing the oil and coolant lines plus all associated little bits that generally get forgotten till you have everything pulled apart.

Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Isnt that a knock off of the PSi Concepts manifold?

If so, you should be buying it from them instead, they designed it.

Exhaust Manifold - PSi Concepts Audi/VW 1.8T Longitudinal (T25)

That way you can use your chosen turbo.

I believe the manifold will fit just fine, theres nothing that changes the exhaust routing between RHD and LHD cars.
  3. zbeasty

zbeasty New Member

Thanks. I hadn't come across PSi Concepts before but their manifold does look good. They do a oil and coolant line kit which solves another of my problems. The last real issue is downpipe which they do in 2.5" but the HTA turbo I'm looking at has a 3" outlet :(. I've messaged them in case they can do the downpipe in 3". The mod costs for an as yet unbought car are quickly starting to escalate....may have to buy the wife a new handbag or something :)
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

I'd just have the downpipe custom made locally to suit your turbo tbh.

Also, incase you hadnt noticed, PSi do the manifold with both a T25 and T3 flange. I linked the T25 version.
  5. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

6. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

I remember also seeing a tastey looking tubular manifold from the states but it was twice the price of the psi one.
  7. zbeasty

zbeasty New Member

8. boost-addict

boost-addict Member

you can get a 200csi cat for pretty cheap. if and when i go bt. ill have the cat located under the car. or have it graphed in to a decat pipe. least that way you have the flanges, but would be simple. just measure twice, cut once and then weld in.
  9. zbeasty

zbeasty New Member

I'll be seeing the guys that did the downpipe on my R about a cat. They have 100 cell cats which flow really well :)
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  10. boost-addict

boost-addict Member

I doubht 100 cell will pass mot. 200 will be more than enough
  11. zbeasty

zbeasty New Member

We don't have MOT's here fortunately :) Once a car is 5 years old you have to do an annual inspection but that really only checks that all of your lights are working, you aren't leaking any fluids and that the brakes work. The only time you might have to do any sort of emissions check would be if the cops pulled you over for being too loud but then it would only be noise pollution not exhaust emissions.