1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BT Infinity 2

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by markos72, Aug 15, 2013.

1. markos72

markos72 Member

As above,anyone here on BT Infinity 2 for their broadband?
    Am currently on Orange/EE but decided to move to BT Fibre Broadband as I should get download speeds of about 63mb/s and an upload of about 19mb/s and I'm only about 200metres from the fibre box.
    After the usual lookie online seems to be the usual hit/miss reviews but just wondering if anyone has real world experience with them.
  2. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep

i HAD it
  3. DarkBunny

DarkBunny Active Member

Are you fussed about your provider? If not, I recommend Plusnet... it's super cheap and I've had nothing but good service from them (and speeds!)
  4. markos72

markos72 Member

Not really fussed but long time BT customer here for my phone service.
  5. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep

if only BT looked on customers as long time
  6. scotty76

scotty76 Active Member

I can't comment on 2 but I have BT Infinity 1 Unlimited. Had it for 2 months now and had no issues. I get 38Mb down and 9Mb up. I swapped from O2 broadband as I needed more upstream speed than ADSL could give me. I'm about 200 metres from the cabinet too.
    markos72 likes this.
  7. DarkBunny

DarkBunny Active Member

Here here, my experience with BT was nothing short of shocking. They put me in a contract I didn't want, didn't give me the product promised, then placed a cancellation fee of the full contract value to release.

Shocking and quite frankly I'll never go back.
  8. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Virgin Media, good speeds, but essentially, no cap on usage, we cane the **** out of the bandwidth streaming non stop!
  9. markos72

markos72 Member

The same with the BT deal.No caps
  10. Big Pumpa

Big Pumpa Member

I moved from Virgin media to BT Infinity 2. Much happier with BT... hated Virgin
    markos72 likes this.
  11. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

I have had all versions & tbh I now find the latest has slowed down a fair bit of late & speed will always be bottlenecked tbh, on tests I have got 80meg but these days I have seen 30-40 so I may aswell lower my costs & go for the lesser now as its almost pointless.
  12. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

Been on Infinity 2 unlimited for 22 months now, and just re-signed for another 12 months to get free BT Sport.

I had issues with the Home Hub 3 Router at first with my wireless printer going to sleep - the router wouldn't wake it automatically! I had to press a button on the printer every time I needed something printed, So I bought a Netgear Router and not had the problem since.

BT came out last year & replaced the el cheapo Chinese modem ...there was an overheating issue with them apparently... with an updated version FOC. Foreign (Indian) support is standard, but I have a number for Scottish support somewhere and they've been a very helpful bunch on the rare occasion I've had any queries regarding my phone services. :)
  13. rhubarb4

rhubarb4 Certified Jardo Slayer

What package did you get Joe as Virgin are the worst ever for capping usage there a complete waste of time. I had the 50Mb with Superhub when it came out it should have been called supersh1t, the amount of time I was on and off the phone was ridiculous and none of them knew anything about the superhub, I was passed from pillar to post every time I called them about slow to none existant bandwidth and on checking with Speedtest I had lost most of the packets that they test the speed with. Each time I started to download films and tv shows off iTunes and other simular pay sites my bandwidth was throttled so bad I couldn't even open google while downloading.

In the end I dropped it down to the lowest monthly amount and went with Sky which has only 11Mb but unlimited and no cap on usage, its mad because having a tenth the speed I had on Virgin but what I download and stream is so fast for the bandwidth I get, and can use the net like normal when doing so.
  14. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I'm on 60 meg uncapped mate, never had a speed issue here, and since I went to 60meg, it's not throttled in the day, though I've only seen 40meg, which is plenty quick enough!
    markos72 likes this.
  15. markos72

markos72 Member

Will keep that in mind if I have any issues and need tech support,Artimus :)
    Still waiting on my MAC code from EE:(
  16. aminder

aminder New Member

BT purchased PlusNet - same customer service now just slightly cheaper.

However with BT you'll get BT sport for free not with PlusNet.

You'll be very happy with the BB on fibre.
  17. aminder

aminder New Member

Virgin rate limit traffic as much down to 2MB/s

BT/PlusNet - no traffic limiting/policing.
  18. Jon G

Jon G New Member

I was with o2 till they sold out to Sky, now I'm sure my speed is slowing down on an evening. Never used to. Thinking of BT so I can get BT sport for free.
  19. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

I'm not sure how I manage to average 78GB p\m, but as long as there's no throttling or extra charges, I don't really care. :thumbsup:

BT Infinity Usage.jpg
  20. markos72

markos72 Member

[​IMG]
    Pretty pleased now :)