Bt/bt openreach

Andy Crooks

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Anyone know where I stand with this!

I'm going to make a very long story short!

Back in June last year I moved in my 1st house and it's a brand new build so I needed a new phoneline installing so I contacted bt beginning of June last year to get the ball rolling so it's done for when I move in which isn't much to ask, yh right how wrong was I.

There is a grey box outside my front door for the cabling has been there a while they are telling me and my wife different things so they bull shitting us they have been giving us different dates since June for completion then last week we was told DEFINATLY Wednesday but no we got a cheeky email saying please accept our apologies its not been done, last month we got referred to a case manager who was ment to phone us but haven't heard from them once, I had a lengthily phone call last week telling them that I'm not impressed (34 weeks after moving in) he tried telling me there's no cabling into my house there is - tried telling me there's a blockage in the jointing which I don't believe either so he told me the work was booked in for the 27th February to which I said no that ain't happening it's happening sooner so he phoned openreach and brought it forward to yesterday they phoned my wife this morning to say they have done some of it but there's a jointing blockage so that's been booked in for 3rd march.... (More ******** as it won't be complete) **** take as it will be week 36.5 by then.

All the other 28 houses are connected and working, have been for ages, my neighbour moved in about 4 weeks ago on sat and was connected by 2 weeks later!

They gave 2 of my other neighbours compo 1 got £270 for waiting 2 months and another got £300 for waiting 2.5 months.

I told them last week when I was the phone I'm not paying my bt bill for 34 weeks (will be longer now) as I think that's 34 week wait you can wait 34 weeks for my bills to be paid, he said take it up with billing.

It's either that or a goood bit of compo as my phone bills have been rediculous since June along with the iPad contract.

So what's everyone's thoughts, where do I stand now?

It doesn't sound too good but I can assure you that if there was an easy way to resolve the issue you have it would have been sorted by now. New build properties especially those on large developments have the phone lines pre installed such that it should just be a case of installing some apparatus on the line and contacting BT.
You would usually expect to get soft dial tone on the line if you connected a phone.
Although you have a grey box outside your property with cabling the problem you have is more than likely that the ducting running into your property has been damaged at some point after it was installed or the cabling in it has been damaged.
This document describes the process involved when a new development takes place and you can see what should happen.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/hom...ourdevelopment/downloads/developers_guide.pdf

As your neighbours have received compensation I personally would also expect that when you get the service connected.
If somebody decides to dig a hole and damage the duct or put a fence post in where the duct is there isn't a lot BT can do about that.Other than trying to locate and repair the damage which sometimes is not a 5 minute job.

You could try contacting Ofcom and see if that helps.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/

By the way I have worked for BT for 27 years and I have had issues with them myself in the past. They aren't perfect but quite often it's not a BT fault.

Karl.

Reactions: Nilz