1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bt broadband option 3

Discussion in 'Home Cinema, Hi-Fi and Gadgets' started by wackojacko, Nov 18, 2007.

1. wackojacko

wackojacko Member

[Nov 18, 2007]
    im considering bt broadband option 3 when i move in to my new house. im currently on aol but would like to try something were it includes my phone calls all in one bill.
    anyone have it good/bad.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

[Nov 18, 2007]
    :thumbsup:
  4. wackojacko

wackojacko Member

[Nov 18, 2007]
    sounds good. but im in abit of a **** area for signal etc so i dont think i will get near 8mb/s but it still seems a good package.
  5. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

[Nov 19, 2007]
    I have to agree with Mitch the BT package is great and I too see 7.5 MB download speeds. Although the customer service and phone support really does need to be addressed, it is simply diabolical.....
  6. klauster

klauster Well-Known Member

[Dec 13, 2007]
    id say you are lucky, I know several people that have been on BT and they have all left due to service and support being poor
  7. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

[Dec 13, 2007]
    Good post. The customer service is totally **** and recently my download speeds have dropped off quite a bit. I need to put a call into them to find out whats happening.
  8. RGBArgee

RGBArgee Guest

[Dec 13, 2007]
    I don't want to tempt fate but we've had few problems in 3-4 years. Wi-fi Home hub great and 'feeds' 2-3 other computers very well. Go for it!:jester:
  9. john_cook

john_cook I was the STIG.

[Dec 19, 2007]
    I can back up Mitch's comments. I have option 3 and am getting some lightning fast broadband. Its 8Mb connection. Hub and phone included. Yes its more expensive than other providers but its a BT line so if something goes wrong with it BT will fix it. If I had say Orange broadband and there were problems with it they would have to liase with BT engineers etc.. God knows how long that would take so at least my provider has to sort it all out which is a bit more reassuring. Go for it!

Cooky
  10. Macduff

Macduff Member

[Dec 19, 2007]
    I went from Virgin ADSL to BT Option 3. I now typically get 6-7Mb at any time of the day compared with around 5Mb during the day dropping down to as low as 70Kb in the evenings with Virgin.

Only been on it for a couple of months but so far it's been money well spent. Only thing that annoys me is I could have had £40 cashback if I'd ordered it through http://www.quidco.com

They also switched over my BB the same day that Virgin switched mine off so there was no loss of service. Virgin on the other had took 7 days to activate my service when I moved house. Maybe this is normal but I couldn't understand the reason for it when I gave them several weeks notice.

EDIT: Have just one problem with it. If I sleep our home PC it looses its network connection when it wakes up so I have to reboot. Never had this with Virgin using a Netgear DG834 router so I assume it's something to do with the BT Homehub. A minor niggle.
  11. rich32uk

rich32uk Member

[Jan 13, 2008]
    A bit of a reverse here...

I did have 8m bt broadband on option 3 and I felt that it was relatively expensive compared with other suppliers... I was also disapointed that I only ever got a max of 3/4mb which increased slightly during the late hours... The thing that changed things was when it suddenly went down to 1/1.5mb during the day (if I was lucky)..

I've moved to virgin cable now and I've got a full T.V package and 20mb broadband (averaging at 7/8mb increasing to 10/15mb at night) for more or less the same price....