bt and vagcom

Early on we had some troubles with the BT modules but thought we had those corrected. Mind telling me what version of VAG-COM you are running?

How do I know about the troubles? We mod'd my '06 A4 to add the BT capability such that we could check it out and fix the problem. That was 2 years ago and as far as I know, we have not had trouble since.

It would be good for you to tell me what kind of interface you have, the version of VAG-COM you are running and so on. The more info you provide the more likely we will be able to assist. An auto-scan would also be helpful.

hi bruce

here are the details
vag com 704.1
data version 2007 1016

when i run the auto scan when gets to 77 telephone

it says no response from controller

im using the controller from alexia

:respekt:

Are you using a genuine HEX-CAN-USB lead?? Can it connect to all other controllers on your car without problems?

quattrov6tdi said:
im using the controller from alexia

Who/what is Alexia? Retrofitted I assume? What's the part number of the control module you are using? In case it's a retrofit, who is the vendor of the wiring you were using? Have you checked he wiring for continuity to the diagnostic port? What VAG-COM interface are you using?

Please try if the latest Beta 711 makes a difference.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/beta/current.html

i am using the genuine HEX-CAN-USB sorry i bought from ilexa.co.uk not alexa. it is retrofitted the bt module cam from satnavsystems.co.uk

the wiring loom i think had only can high, can low,and k line ,power,earth
these are what i connected
hope this helps
regards

ciaran

it does find all other modules:respekt:

There is still one question unanswered...

What's the part number of the control module you are using?

...and one advise too.

Please try if the latest Beta 711 makes a difference.

Is the BT module your using second-hand? Have you ever connected to it previously with VAG-COM?

If it is second-hand did your vendor code it for an A4? If it is still coded for an A3 I think you will struggle to get communication with it.