Brushed Alu or Piano Black?

Which trim to you prefer?

• Total voters

sub39h

Reaction score
I have a 3dr with brushed alu trim, but i feel like a swap to piano.

thought it'd be a good excuse to get other ppl's opinions on the matter!

I may take you up on that, but i'm still in the process of deciding myself lol

Whats yr/ mileage/ condition of trim?

TBH I have never seen this talked about Alu trim :laugh: Pics?
Happy to swap subject to liking.

I would only go for Piano, looks classy. There is nothing else brushed ally in the car and i always think it looks a bit odd !! Very Vauxhall ish :)

2006, just under 29k miles. As new.

Alum. Im swapping across to it from piano, only done the gear change part as it came with the silver stitched leather boot LOL

I have piano black, but have to say I'm temped to change to alu trim.

Some 'piano' cars I've seen, the interior trim panels look finger printy / dusty / smeary / scratched. I like it (when new / clean), but for the reason the alu is so easy to live with I'm happy with it.

At least the alu in Audi's feels metal-ish, unlike that cheap scratchable plastic tat they put in Vauxhalls.

I saw a nice carbon wrap trim finished with clear lacquer that looked really nice on some forums somewhere, not that it answers your q though lol :)

I too can't decide whether I prefer piano or brushed alu, so think I'm going to do driver's door piano and passenger's door alu. Or vice versa.
I'm different like that.

Alu trim for me... The piano leaves finger prints all over it. The Alu breaks up the interior a bit too...

Alu - the piano black trim scratches far too easily.

Yep. I've had 2 cars with piano black and while it looks nice it does scratch extremely easily and is a ****** to keep clean. Dust within a day!
You clean more=more scratches even if using microfibre cloths.

I tried to opt for Alu on my Black Edition that I have on order and Audi have told me I can't. You can upgrade on an S-Line to Piano Black but on a Black Edition you can't downgrade... Apparently he couldn't even put an order through with the Alu order code. Is there anything I can do? Has anyone else had the same problem?

I have my set of brushed aluminium trims for sale for an 8P A3/S3. There is a small mark on one of the rear trims which is hardly noticable. £180 delivered. PM if interested

P1060098DesktopResolution.jpg

my piano trim is in **** condition.. only ever cleaned it with microfibre too :banghead::banghead::banghead:

haha im considering getting a set done in white like ians looks the dogs do like my piano trim though its still mit dispite being 4 years old

haha im considering getting a set done in white like ians looks the dogs do like my piano trim though its still mit dispite being 4 years old

so strange how some peoples are fine.. they must have changed materials or something... or its just my usual **** luck

ill swap you mine & my seats for your trims and bucket seats, cant say fairer than that eh ;)

so strange how some peoples are fine.. they must have changed materials or something... or its just my usual **** luck

Rye you get my message over on facebook mate?

ill swap you mine & my seats for your trims and bucket seats, cant say fairer than that eh ;)

Haha that sounds like a deal lol:laugh: Dont worry Phil i believe you will get some decent bucket seats soon:thumbsup:

haha ive been waiting as long as you and you snaffled them fron under me..............******* :laugh:

only kidding now have my heart set on tts ones :wub:

haha!! you wish!! the time till come Phil, i know exactly how you feel.. Been there..

not since my reply brother...

I'll send it again to you mate.

haha ive been waiting as long as you and you snaffled them fron under me..............******* :laugh:

Haha Phil not happy about that Rye lol! How much do the TTS seats go for Phil? They seem to be alot more rare than the S3 and RS4 buckets

i don't understand how ppl have destroyed theirs either.

my old 1.6 Sport had the gloss trim (not quite piano black, but nearly) and that wasn't scratched at all. and i ABUSED that car...

ive only ever seen 1 set appear, same value as the rest im keeping my eyes peeled on insurance auctions etc so i can get a set

:moa: :thumbsup:

i don't understand how ppl have destroyed theirs either.

my old 1.6 Sport had the gloss trim (not quite piano black, but nearly) and that wasn't scratched at all. and i ABUSED that car...

sub i wish i knew.. im anal about my car.. yet these seemed to be ruined within a few months of owning the car... :banghead:

get them buffed up and get lamin-x or something laid on them ventureshield would be the best for them