1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browsing the coding options in VCDS

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by RS5UK, Nov 21, 2013.

1. RS5UK

RS5UK Member

I've been browsing the controller codings with VCDS and noticed a few anomalies I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on?

In controller 02 - Auto Transmission I note that Byte 1 Bit 4 in mine (Steering Wheel TipTronic Buttons Installed) is not checked but they are installed and fully functional. Any ideas why the Bit is not selected?

In controller 10 - Park / Steer Assist Byte 1 Bit 4-7 00Variant:Left hand drive is selected even though it's RHD. Again, any ideas why this would be the case?

Thanks
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Is your cable genuine, if so, submit these queries to support@ross-tech.com so they can look at it as a bug potentially.
  3. RS5UK

RS5UK Member

Yeah it's genuine, purchased from Gendan. I hadn't considered that it could be a bug. I'll contact Ross-tech and let you know what they say.
  4. RS5UK

RS5UK Member

Well, I've been on to Ross-Tech and they've asked for a scan which I've sent so I'm waiting on another reply. Update to follow.

One thing they did sort for me though was a connection issue I was having because I ran win 7 through VMWare Fusion on a mac (try to avoid doing this if you can as the system becomes too slow). I've now switched to my Windows laptop and connection is no longer an issue.
  5. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

I often get things like this. Ill have to bombard them with emails! Generally if the coding appears wrong but the function works as it should i leave it as it is.