Broken window regulator

h100vw

Reaction score
The window regulator broke on my 3dr and they are big money in Australia as Audi is the only place you can get hold of one, very few in scrap yards as they were only imported for 12 months in 3dr form.

Where would be the place to go for one mail order in the UK? Doesn't look like German and Swedish do them. I did see one on ebay starting a £55 though.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks
Gavin

How are you sure its the regulator? Are you sure the clip hasnt broken, mine did a few months ago and I fitted a new clip (£2.00) and its fixed. Maybe worth trying before buying a regulator? What are your symptoms.

The window goes down ok but on the way back up keeps stopping and then going down again, as though something was stuck in the window.

I got it back to the top by stabbing at the button, so the window went up a bit at a time.

Is that what you were seeing?

Gavin

Well Matt, I certainly hope you are right on with this one. I'll be onto VW in the morning and get a couple in stock.

Thanks very much, I can spend my pre-christmas over time on me not the car!!

Gavin

No probs! Most people (including myself) automatically assume the regulator, but seen as its happened on a few other of my cars its usually the clips instead. Wait till you see the broken clip, they snap clean apart! Buggers. Good luck with it oh and a tip, put window down before you start the guide above! You cant get the window out if its up lol

:)

yup 100% percent window clip, happen to my A3 and S3

very easy to fix

Mattm is that an audi part number as mine have gone also, i know you can buy them its just i phoned the main dealer up today and he said only comes as a complete regulator hmmmmm and is it just Audi or will VW also be ok ?

Just called Audi in Adelaide, a mere $9 each for the clips, so not being a chancer I ordered 4. Will be here after New Year though. Good news is it's going to be 37+ degrees until then, so there's no chance of the window being opened, as the aircon will be getting a thorough working out!!!!

Cheers
for your help fellas, saved me heaps

Gavin