Broken bass speaker

Chris-P

Former Audi A3 8P Owner 2011-2019
Reaction score
I've recently been hearing a funny rattling/crackling noise coming from the left hand side of the boot. I firstly isolated the audio so that it only played through the rear left to try & pin point the noise. But didn't hear anything through the rear door but from the left hand side boot panel:confused:

I had a look in the good old Haynes to see how to remove the left hand side boot panel & discovered that a bass speaker lives behind this panel(to my surprise:eek:). I removed the panel this morning & the bass speaker is making a rattling/crackling noise from the cone:(

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? Thanks:)

Here's a pic of the back of the speaker:
Label1

I have a new audi sub for sale! Not sure if you could make it fit!

I don't think I could make it fit because on the back of mine its got two pairs of connection wires. I think that makes it a dual core speaker.

I have a new audi sub for sale! Not sure if you could make it fit!

Is it possible for you to remove the speaker & see what the part number is on the back of it?

It looks like the same Blaupunkt speaker is used in both Audi part numbers.

Did it come from a 3 door? What year?
Does the speaker have 2 x 2 ohm on the back?
Would you sell just the speaker without the enclosure?

I'll have the speaker off you then:) £20 posted? How do I go about sending you the money?

I fitted the replacement speaker today & works perfectly:) It's nice to have full sound back in my car.