1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brokedown In France...what Is It???

telski789 Aug 28, 2014

1. telski789

telski789 Member

Hi,
    My a4 2.0tfsi had just completed 700 miles into south of France when all of a sudden it started making a juddering sound and spat all of the transmission fluid out...engine seems fine.looks like oils come from drivers side driveshaft...any ideas?? It's been towed to Audi Bordeaux for inspection tomoro (great ) p.s. It's an auto and changes through the box fine...

2. telski789

telski789 Member

Bump....

3. Phil-1

Phil-1 Well-Known Member Regional Rep

Sorry I can't help you. Hope you get it sorted

4. Whopper

Whopper Active Member

Have you any lights on your dash? Is your PRNDS lit up like normal?

5. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Prepare to be raped, I would just get it recovered to Uk and have it fixed here- gearbox will be toast if it was ran with no oil ! I am pretty sure they will give you a 5k estimate...

6. telski789

telski789 Member

Gonna find out what the damage is today! Ouch...

7. badfelafel

badfelafel New Member

Good luck...

8. madmike01uk

madmike01uk Member

ouch, hope it's not to expensive!

9. telski789

telski789 Member

ok! im back in england but my car is still at AUDI in bordeaux! the oil pipe has failed to the auto gearbox and they want £590 to replace and refill etc... woulkd this include a new oil filter? does this sound expensive? (includes the original diagnostic)

10. telski789

telski789 Member

oil filter for the gearbox is £269! it does cover for repatriation but only if the car is beyond repair or massively expensive

11. Molnboman

Molnboman Well-Known Member

Apologies......I know nothing about auto boxes.....for that very reason. That's a bummer about being stuck there.....am presuming the diagnosis is that your gearbox is still intact.....doesn't sound as pricey as it could have been considering it's an Audi garage. I hope someone can advise you either way shortly. So you need to get back down there to collect it too.....Jaysus, what a pita.

Good Luck,
    A

12. telski789

telski789 Member

thats ok Molnboman! its all a learning curve! but i am glad to report that the price of £590 includes the oil filter! PHEW!!