1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brodit Phone/PDA bracket for current A3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by funkycat, May 6, 2005.

1. funkycat

funkycat Member

[May 6, 2005]
    Folks

This is a great place to get a Brodit bracket which clips onto the rail to the left of the ashtray/gearbox for you phone/PDA. No screws, just clips on.

Ordered mine today, should be here early next week.

http://www.handnav.co.uk/proclip_select2.php?id=70

See other post on bluetooth phone kits for pix of it in place posted by Marriedblonde. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. imported_Spin140

imported_Spin140 Guest

[May 6, 2005]
    I ordered one of these and sent it back, looked cheap plus wasn't convinced it wouldn't damage the rail as the plastic was a little rough where it is supposed to slot over the rail, there is also an adhesive strip on the inner edge which would have made a mess of the rail, I ordered the centre console mount instead, part number 653439, this is much better and easily fitted with no damage plus the phone is in an ideal position for use. If you are as fussy as me this IMO is the best option /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  4. brandona4

brandona4 Member

[May 6, 2005]
    that's what i've got - works a treat!
  5. shresh

shresh Member

[May 6, 2005]
    any pics of the centre console mount available?
  6. brandona4

brandona4 Member

[May 6, 2005]
    I've got mine for a Dension ipod ice>link.
    I've raised it up so it's level with the stereo. That way i don't get any gaps down the left where the Climate meets the dash.

[​IMG]
  7. imported_ianspibs

imported_ianspibs Guest

[May 6, 2005]
    Have you had a look at dashmount.co.uk ?
    I got the 71067 bracket that fits between the two centre vents and bought a nokia cradle to suit the phone.
    Works well, doesnt block any vents and clips straight on.
  8. shresh

shresh Member

[May 6, 2005]
    looks pretty good. does it fit in easily?

I need one for my pda, so the 'Centre Mount low' seems to be the best option for visibility. Just wondering if thats been listed correctly though, as its the highest mount available for the a3!
  9. imported_Spin140

imported_Spin140 Guest

[May 6, 2005]
    Brodit Part number 653439 as listed above, costs about £15 inc postage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  10. alexkoon

alexkoon Member

[May 6, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Have you had a look at dashmount.co.uk ?
    I got the 71067 bracket that fits between the two centre vents and bought a nokia cradle to suit the phone.
    Works well, doesnt block any vents and clips straight on.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you slot in the bottom of the bracket without damage? Theres a bit of metal that pokes out to stop it jumping back out but I can't see how to slide it between the gap at the top of the center console without damaging it.
  11. imported_ianspibs

imported_ianspibs Guest

[May 9, 2005]
    I was concerned about that so I squashed that bit flat with some mole grips. It then pushes in without causing any damage. It also means It can be pulled out easier. I found that the fit was tight enough not to need the metal grip.

How does the brodit bracket fit ? Do you have to take the stereo out ?
  12. alexkoon

alexkoon Member

[May 9, 2005]
    I did the same with a G clamp to flatten that little bit. Did you just brute force the bottom of the dashmount through the gap then. I am really scared I might damage the center console!
  13. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[May 9, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I did the same with a G clamp to flatten that little bit. Did you just brute force the bottom of the dashmount through the gap then. I am really scared I might damage the center console!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were meant to get 'wedges' with the brodit mounts to 'spread' open the gap.

If in doubt I would remove the stereo and then the two screws that hold the cup holder. Then you can put everthing in situ, and tighten the screws / put stereo back in.
  14. imported_Spin140

imported_Spin140 Guest

[May 9, 2005]
    You do get spacers no need to remove the stereo, in all a 2 minute job.
  15. alexkoon

alexkoon Member

[May 9, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were meant to get 'wedges' with the brodit mounts to 'spread' open the gap.

If in doubt I would remove the stereo and then the two screws that hold the cup holder. Then you can put everthing in situ, and tighten the screws / put stereo back in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry - should have used 'Quote' in reply. I was replying about the dashmount mount and not the brodit mount. Just wanted more help before I try again in cae I 'mash the dash'.
  16. funkycat

funkycat Member

[May 11, 2005]
    My Brodit bracket to clip on the rail arrived this morning, just quickly tried it, it clipped onto the rail with no damage what so ever. I just bent it back slightly to get it over the rail and there it was all in place!

Tried removing an refitting, no marks/damage at all.

Car is being collect for service this morning, so I'll fit iy corretly 2nite when I get the car back, and post some pix (if somone would be so kind as to tell me how you upload pix onto this forum)

Funkycat
  17. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[May 11, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    My Brodit bracket to clip on the rail arrived this morning, just quickly tried it, it clipped onto the rail with no damage what so ever. I just bent it back slightly to get it over the rail and there it was all in place!

Tried removing an refitting, no marks/damage at all.

Car is being collect for service this morning, so I'll fit iy corretly 2nite when I get the car back, and post some pix (if somone would be so kind as to tell me how you upload pix onto this forum)

Funkycat

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers, that would be great funkycat. Please let us know how much they sting you for the service aswell.

To upload pics, you'll need to use a host like photo bucket or similar.
  18. funkycat

funkycat Member

[May 11, 2005]
    Hey Japper

Got the pix loading up on Fotopic.net, should be approved tomorrow, I can then publish the link for you.

Service cost £201 inc VAT, that was with Parklands Audi in Gloucester.

They collected the car, and returned to home for me, and it was totally cleaned, all I had to do was run over it with some Meguiers NXT to finish it off. Looks stunning now.
  19. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[May 11, 2005]
    What you mean this brodit phone holder thingy?

[​IMG]

I kept fitting and refitting mine and never got a mark on the rail...
  20. funkycat

funkycat Member

[May 12, 2005]
    Yep, that'll be the one!

Not as clever as Marriedblonde, so have posted some pix here :-

http://rodjones.fotopic.net/c535727.html

If it asks for a password, guess what, its :-

funkycat

I'll upload some pix of my A3 now polished with Meguiers NXT later today.

Funkycat