1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brick Acid Anyone? NOT

pazaz Feb 25, 2005

1. pazaz

pazaz Member

When cleaning the Nogster earlier, my neighbour approached me with the standard line:

"Your gonna wash the paint off that soon if your not carefull" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

After noiticing my new Rs4 wheels and commenting how nice they look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gifHe then went on to say:

"If you ever have trouble cleaning them or have any marks on em you cant get off, give me a shout, Ive got just the stuff, and I can get of much of it as you want from work"

Me, now thinking this could be usefull replies " that could come in handy , whats it called?"

The respose was deadly serious and he replied " BRICK ACID" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

He said hes used it frequently on all his cars and it takes the elbow grease out of cleaning wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Can you believe this? Im sure he been drinking the stuff all afternoon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

2. Markb

Markb Active Member

One I my mates swore by using some kind of acid to clean his wheels, but I had to laugh one day when I saw what it had done the wheels.

It had turned them white [​IMG]

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

[ QUOTE ]
    One I my mates swore by using some kind of acid to clean his wheels, but I had to laugh one day when I saw what it had done the wheels.

It had turned them white [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least they are clean! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

4. GolfTTish

GolfTTish Member

most alloy wheel cleaners are acid based, it's just they are quite dilute.
    Some pofessional valleters use brick acid, as it's basically just a more concentrated version and it's cheaper. They do water it down a bit though.

5. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Not for cleaning bricks then ?

6. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Think i'll stick to boiling hot soapy water!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

7. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

Yip "fairy liquid" is as dangerous as i will do to my alloys myself, but will use a bottled version no prob cause you can sue! maybe settle out of court for a RS6 ! lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

8. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif me too maybe

9. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

hmmmm ... wonder wheels £5 .... RS6 ..... £5!!!! sounds good to me!
    Now what's that number for claims direct?!