1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo's

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3Steve, May 24, 2009.

1. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Ive finally managed to get round to getting some Brembo's, ive bought a set of ebay for a good price which were advertised as Leon Cupra R brakes. However having picked them up the calipers arent Leon ones. The Leon calipers have a crossfeed pipe on the caliper to connect the pistons on the two sides. Like the ones in the pic below. (For those not sure what im talking about it is the pipe you can see at the bottom of the caliper)

[​IMG]

The calipers i have dont have this crossfeed pipe, after doing some research it appears that the calipers that come in the Brembo GT kit for the S3 dont have this crossfeed pipe, like in the pic below. I always thought they used the same calipers.

[​IMG]

Obviously before fitting i want to confirm exactly what i have. Does anyone know what the piston sizes are in the GT kit Callipers and the Leon ones? I need to to confirm they are suitable sizes of piston in my calipers. Does anyone know the brembo part number of the calipers from the GT kit?
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

You are correct, the calipers on a LCR are different to the jnr Brembo GT kit. The difference is as you point out with the crossfeed and the different location for the bleed nipple. Other than that, I do believe the are the same size and require the same disks(LCR are solid items, GT kit are crossdrilled and renouned for warping) and pads for usage.
  3. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Yes mate the disks and pads are defo LCR items. Its just as they were advertised slightly wrong, i want to confirm they are calipers from the GT kit and not another caliper that has completely different and thus unsuitable piston diameters before i fit them.