1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brembo's from an evo 5 on an s3??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by DerekC, Jul 23, 2012.

1. DerekC

DerekC Member

Hey guys, I have an option of getting some brembos (4pots) from an evo 5 which i believe are the same as an evo 6. Would they be okay for and upgrade and does anyone know where I could get some carriers. Any help would be great, even if it is to smash my hope of finally upgrading my brakes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

get some boxster s 4 pots - they're a popular and good value for money upgrade - also the 4 pots allow you to utilise the current 312mm disc size if you wish. I'd be unsure about the evo ones only because i haven't heard of carriers being made for them to apapt to our cars..! could be wrong though!

4. DerekC

DerekC Member

Cheers for the help, I thought that but I guess you see a bargain and your head runs wild.

5. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

work out what model of brembo they are, they are unlikely to be made for the evo

6. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

i believe the Evo brembos are lug mount, rather than radial, which means they're somewhat harder to fit to alternative cars.