Brembo's are fitted - Big Brakes Rock!

I got them cheap but there around £1500 plus fitting from AMD.

erhhh,actually those brakes saved my life.I was pulling out from junction very slowly with parked cars obstructing my view when some maniac doing about 100 nearly took my front front end off i had to brake and turn into the kerb to avoid death!!!

[ QUOTE ]
erhhh,actually those brakes saved my life.I was pulling out from junction very slowly with parked cars obstructing my view when some maniac doing about 100 nearly took my front front end off i had to brake and turn into the kerb to avoid death!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'll let you off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

Oh i think my discs are the other way round ,i don't think it makes a great deal of difference .What does glen think?

anyone selling their standard setup, 312 mm discs calipers and carriers. PM me

Cor, currently 568 views and 65 posts.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif. I've never started such a big thread B4.
How Cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Ade

we can take that post away though as whoring dont count, besides you have not paid your post whore fees to the members club so its not allowed, JOJO, CJ, Rob, TDi, to name a few will agree with me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

mtm sell them matey but there not cheap.
Porsche /Mov'it 4 Pot break kit with 322x32mm rear discs and Brembo parking calliper

£1700 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

I may go for the ECS tuning Stage 1 rears that RichA3Turbo is offering with the groupbuy, as my rears are due for replacement soon, especially after the trackday hehe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif
yes.gif

thats what i was thinkin jojo as i need new discs and pads anyway on the rear.

cheers tony

AmD do do an upgrade kit for the rears. I think they're made by Tarox but retain your origonal caliper. They are bigger but i'm not sure by how much, last time i spoke to them they were around £500 i think.

Ade

[ QUOTE ]
I got them cheap but there around £1500 plus fitting from AMD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were offering the same kit for £1170+vat in the groupbuy if anyones considering it!

[ QUOTE ]
mtm sell them matey but there not cheap.
Porsche /Mov'it 4 Pot break kit with 322x32mm rear discs and Brembo parking calliper

£1700 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As above...were doing it for £1170+vat.... There is no justification for the HUGE price difference. Even at our standard rates were nearly £500 cheaper for the same product.

[ QUOTE ]
I may go for the ECS tuning Stage 1 rears that RichA3Turbo is offering with the groupbuy, as my rears are due for replacement soon, especially after the trackday hehe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif
yes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Go for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

AmD do do an upgrade kit for the rears. I think they're made by Tarox but retain your origonal caliper. They are bigger but i'm not sure by how much, last time i spoke to them they were around £500 i think.

Ade

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep thats right. They are 300mm compared to ECS 308mm.

Dunk has the ECS kit on the back of his S3

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ade

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep thats right. They are 300mm compared to ECS 308mm.

Dunk has the ECS kit on the back of his S3

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

So they fit then, I want pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Don't think the ECS kit uses porsche oe discs which i'd want personally.£1500 inc vat i think so that £120 more than yours rich.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't think the ECS kit uses porsche oe discs which i'd want personally.£1500 inc vat i think so that £120 more than yours rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

ECS does use OE Porsche discs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Ad, this isn't a home made kit this is made by a professional company who have been doing this kind of thing for years.

check out their web site www.mbt-engineering.de for more info.

[ QUOTE ]
Ad, this isn't a home made kit this is made by a professional company who have been doing this kind of thing for years.

check out their web site www.mbt-engineering.de for more info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry...I meant home made as in sourcing the components separately as opposed to in a tried and tested kit. Unless MBT also sell a kit and I failed to find it on their website /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

A

err, how do i say this as its my first post.
why spend so much on brakes when the grip depends on your main contact area with the road? & that seems to have been bypassed somewhat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
:hide:

First of all, Welcome to the Forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif The bigger brakes allows us to use them over and over again without them fading, and with improved stopping power, they aren't working as hard for the same effect. Lets face it, factory Audi brake are a bit naff! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should have got bigger disc brakes thought!

Is there any performance gained, e.g. braking etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call the Brembo GT kit as a big brake conversion, the standard disks are 312mm IIRC, and the Brembo items are 323mm so a little increase, but not drastic. They certainly improved braking over the standard brakes, and offer better fade resistance after heavy use. Now this is what I call a big brake conversion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

1525Porschebrakes-med.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

my old s3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

infact whats those pictures doing on planet audi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif I dont go there and will never will post there.

[ QUOTE ]

infact whats those pictures doing on planet audi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif I dont go there and will never will post there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Paul, couldn't use the pic on TS.net, as their site won't host pics, so uploaded onto PA.net as a host. sos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

exactly its so other sites cant hotlink and "steal" pics or bandwidth without visiting tyresmoke.

id just rather my pics didnt find there way to PA if i can help it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
exactly its so other sites cant hotlink and "steal" pics or bandwidth without visiting tyresmoke.

id just rather my pics didnt find there way to PA if i can help it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries mate, hope they get the attachment function fixed or operational on this site soon. please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, Welcome to the Forum! The bigger brakes allows us to use them over and over again without them fading, and with improved stopping power, they aren't working as hard for the same effect. Lets face it, factory Audi brake are a bit naff!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, ok, so i get the idea of big brakes, but what with the cheap tyres in the first post?
i'm already staring to learn from this forum so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif for that.
nice to meet you guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, Welcome to the Forum! The bigger brakes allows us to use them over and over again without them fading, and with improved stopping power, they aren't working as hard for the same effect. Lets face it, factory Audi brake are a bit naff!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, ok, so i get the idea of big brakes, but what with the cheap tyres in the first post?
i'm already staring to learn from this forum so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif for that.
nice to meet you guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

With the tyres, I take it you are talking about out right grip for cornering and accellerating etc, no doubt the brakes come in the equation aswell, but is another subject all together. Do a search for 'tyres' or 'handling' for more debated info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif