1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo Upgrade + Insurance

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_MancheS3er, Feb 15, 2005.

1. imported_MancheS3er

imported_MancheS3er Guest

[Feb 15, 2005]
    As per the subject description really, has anyone noticed an impact on their insurance premium (negatively or positively) as a result of the brembo GT brake upgrade?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 30, 2015]

3. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Feb 15, 2005]
    Should go down striclty speaking but i bet thats not the case!
  4. mark69

mark69 Member

[Feb 15, 2005]
    My insurance co. (royal and sun alliance) took time out from picking peanuts out of poo to request an explanation etc after my claim recently (A3 was written off by my 17 y.o son in December) regarding certain 'modifications' to the car, namely, - 17" RS4 alloys, Stainless Exhaust and an F.S.E CB26P Valve, (needless to say they are claiming that these mods are 'performance - enhancing' and my solicitor is on it as we speak....I digress...The car was fitted with EBC grooved and vented discs all round with Greenstuff pads (not Brembos but a brake upgrade non the less) and these have NEVER been mentioned. Proceed with Confidence !
  5. pwnorman

pwnorman Member

[Feb 15, 2005]
    Brembo's didnt change mine as they dont increase power although i agree with nervus it should come down really.
  6. Ade_D

Ade_D Member

[Feb 15, 2005]
    Direct Line noted them on my Policy but my insurance didn't change. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ade