1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo GT kit instructions

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by robthehungrymonkey, Nov 24, 2005.

1. robthehungrymonkey

robthehungrymonkey Member

[Nov 24, 2005]
    I've got the kit, minus a couple of bolts (which I can find pretty easily) and the instuctions.

Does anyone have the instructions to hand? Would be eternally grateful if someone could scan/photo and post them, or i'd even be willing to pay for them.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 24, 2005]
    Instructions? What do you need them for? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
  3. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Nov 24, 2005]
    thought you just needed a smile and a hammer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  4. monty77

monty77 Member

[Nov 24, 2005]
    Would of thought it's VERY similar to fitting the porker brakes ... the ecstuning website has some guides to help out.

Adam
  5. robthehungrymonkey

[Nov 24, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Instructions? What do you need them for? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably won't even fit them myself! But just thought it would be handy with issues like bleeding and things... Is it pretty obvious where eveything goes with the bracket and stuff when you get down to actually fitting them?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  6. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 24, 2005]
    Its 50/50...Its either fits, or it doesnt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Its all very obviousy what goes where when you are fitting them

Rich
  7. robthehungrymonkey

[Nov 24, 2005]
    Cheers Rich.

P.S. Could you PM me some prices for the bushes, basically what you've just sent Ben. Before I decide wether it's worth doing
  8. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Nov 24, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I've got the kit, minus a couple of bolts (which I can find pretty easily) and the instuctions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are missing bolts, I assume it's the calliper to radial calliper bracket bolts you are short of?
    I think these are Allen headed cap screw types...

Although this size and thread is relatively easy to obtain, PLEASE ensure you get high tensile bolts of at least the tensile strength of the originals...I would expect them to be 12.8s...possibly 10.9s...and I've had a hard time finding the correct tensile strength for calliper mounting bolts in the past.
    Most people stock 8.8s and pass them off as hi-tensile...but I'd not use them for brake mounting. Standard stuff should be between 10.9 and 12.8 - somewhere around there.

For something as essential as front brake mounting bolts, I'd be tempted to get hold of the correct set for the kit...

For mounting the calliper mounting brackets to the hub, you use the standard bolts anyway...and they will be the correct tensile strength.
  9. robthehungrymonkey

[Nov 25, 2005]
    Thanks Glen,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif