1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brembo brakes

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by campbell, Jun 15, 2010.

1. campbell

campbell Member

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Personally if the brakes you have are doing a good enough job for the type of driving you do I wouldn't bother wasting your money. £600 will get you a full springs/shocks kit, coilovers or some new wheels. Just my opinion

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Those will need brackets (and bolts... not normal bolts either, must be right hardness), they look like Brembo Jnr calipers (same as Ibiza Cupra R) so Badger 5 brackets should fit else you will need to get some from Brembo (if you can of course, should be part of the GT kit) or SEAT which won't be cheap IIRC...

The discs will prob be LCR ones so 323mmx28mm, cheap enough to buy but looking at the colour of the calipers they have had a hard life so may need new piston dust covers...

You could just build a kit from new stuff, these calipers are the same as the ones I have...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260603789634

Can be made to use the LCR discs which can be bought quite cheaply or 2-piece 330mm like mine... for what its worth I was playing with the g-force gauge on my Liquid Gauge and pulled 1.05g on braking....

<tuffty/>

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S3

I think £650 is top money, plus the calipers need a repaint, look elsewhere.

6. campbell

campbell Member

So they wouldnt fit the black diamond discs i have already on? i do think there top money at that but was just thinking of putting a low bid in and see what happens!

£600 would get me new alloys or suspension, i have forgot to update my profile, all my suspension is new-B8 dampers, springs, R32 ARBs!

7. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk
    Site Sponsor

unless your existing disks are 323x28 then no.. they wont just fit on.
    312mm on your S3 as std

8. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

As Bill said... std S3 discs are 312x25mm... not wide enough for the Brembo caliper

<tuffty/>

9. campbell

campbell Member

i dont think im going to bother on these brakes, sounds too much money. HOw would they compare with the black diamond discs and DS2500 pads out of curiousity?

cheers

10. finesse

finesse Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Look elsewhere

11. 123holah

123holah Member

least he will take is £580 i already tried!

12. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S3

But what would one pay for a set of these on the used market? I've looked around and seen price variations between £500-750 for used Brembo's.