Breakdown recovery

j4g3d

Reaction score
Was looking into getting this. Wanted cheapest deal poss rather then shed a bucket load to go with AA or RAC.

all i require is if i break down say 300 miles from home i want it towed home.

I called first call and couple other recovery companys as it says they will tow to my home or any destination of my choice within uk or to a local garage. When i called them to ask about this they basically said i WILL ONLY get towed to a local garage to get it repaired if its unrepairable at the roadside as 200 or 300 miles away from home is too far.

This bull*hite or what?? any advice from you guys as to who i should go with for £30 to £40 ish a year?

I moved from the AA to the Rac after all sorts of agro with the AA (I have actually had compensation off them for considerable damage to one of my old cars!) but to be honest I think Green flag are supposed to be very good.

yea i think the AA are cowboys. Had RAC come out to me once tho using my friends policy and he said cambelt was 100% snapped (it wasnt was the dizzy seized) couldnt be more wrong.

Will look up the green flag. Most the policys say they will tow me to any UK destination of my choice but its just a scam really they take you to the nearest garage which i dont want cos i do all the work myself and i dotn trust dodgey garages miles from home.

I've never had a problem with AA, they even got a flatbed transporter to take my S3 to my garage of choice after my transmission blew up on the M42, as I told them it was lowered etc.