break light

jonnysimm

jonnysimm
Reaction score
Does any one have any ideas why my break light stays on when i turn my light on?? and the warning light comes on which means there is a fault in the rear break light and it comes on every time i break VERY ANNOYGING. if any one can help thanks.

do you know where the switch is ?? is it hard to get to the wires under the stearing wheel because it might just be a faulty wire round there do you think ??

The brake (as opposed to break) light switch is mounted on the foot-pedal assemble in front of the brake pedal. As the brake pedal is pushed it allows the switch plunger to spring outwards, thus switching on the brake lights. Check that this happens when the brake pedal is pushed. If it does then the fault is either with the switch contacts or the wiring. This is assuming that the brake light bulbs are in order.

thanks fella ill i had look b4 but couldnt see out. but ill have a other look when there is light.

Try checking that the bulbs are not blown, and are seated properly and not corroded or damp in the light cluster.

What light are you switching on that also activates the brake lights?

Have you got LED's or anything silly like that fitted?

i have the LED'S butjust the standard one at the top of the boot. and they come on when i my put side lights on and normal lights?? the warning noise is what pissies me off the most dont wanna drive my car its that bad. lol