1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bread van

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by hartey, Jan 18, 2014.

1. hartey

hartey Member

So this morning mrs driving me to work, outside shop there is a bread van doing his deliveries, we indicate in, to the 1 1/2 space (for the avant, 2 space for a little car) behind, pulls in, starts reversing car and suddenly bang, I immediately thought she had hit something behind, but when I got out, realised bread man had lowered his tailgate onto my bonnet!!! WTF!!

A lot more went on, and I'm glad I stayed calm, as I wouldn't be here venting my anger on that ****ing dickhead knobhead ****ing gob****e blind ****ing lorry driver!

any lorry drivers here give me advice on procedures when lowering tail lift?
  2. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Member

Procedures? One of them isn't lowering onto a car bonnet :laugh: Taking it seriously now, I assume you got the details of the driver if the car was damaged?

My Dad used to drive, I will confirm this with him tomorrow but a lorry driver is the operator of his tail lift, I would of thought he has procedures to follow.. one of which I should hope would be a visual check, there is no excuse other than lack of concentration.. controls are at the tail lift itself.. he should of seen your car. Being the operator of a tail lift he is responsible of the safe operation, same as with any machine / vehicle.
    Andy Crooks likes this.
  3. Andy1608

Andy1608 Member

Sounds like some seriously un lucky timing.
    I agree with its his duty of care to visually check. He's In control and command.
    has there been much damage?
  4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

An irresponsible driver/operator every court in the land will be on your side.
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I take it no one was hurt? In that case, where's the :sign_pics:
    voorhees likes this.