Bread van

hartey

Reaction score
So this morning mrs driving me to work, outside shop there is a bread van doing his deliveries, we indicate in, to the 1 1/2 space (for the avant, 2 space for a little car) behind, pulls in, starts reversing car and suddenly bang, I immediately thought she had hit something behind, but when I got out, realised bread man had lowered his tailgate onto my bonnet!!! WTF!!

A lot more went on, and I'm glad I stayed calm, as I wouldn't be here venting my anger on that ****ing dickhead knobhead ****ing gob****e blind ****ing lorry driver!

any lorry drivers here give me advice on procedures when lowering tail lift?

So this morning mrs driving me to work, outside shop there is a bread van doing his deliveries, we indicate in, to the 1 1/2 space (for the avant, 2 space for a little car) behind, pulls in, starts reversing car and suddenly bang, I immediately thought she had hit something behind, but when I got out, realised bread man had lowered his tailgate onto my bonnet!!! WTF!!

A lot more went on, and I'm glad I stayed calm, as I wouldn't be here venting my anger on that ****ing dickhead knobhead ****ing gob****e blind ****ing lorry driver!

any lorry drivers here give me advice on procedures when lowering tail lift?

Procedures? One of them isn't lowering onto a car bonnet :laugh: Taking it seriously now, I assume you got the details of the driver if the car was damaged?

My Dad used to drive, I will confirm this with him tomorrow but a lorry driver is the operator of his tail lift, I would of thought he has procedures to follow.. one of which I should hope would be a visual check, there is no excuse other than lack of concentration.. controls are at the tail lift itself.. he should of seen your car. Being the operator of a tail lift he is responsible of the safe operation, same as with any machine / vehicle.

Reactions: Andy Crooks
Sounds like some seriously un lucky timing.
I agree with its his duty of care to visually check. He's In control and command.
has there been much damage?

An irresponsible driver/operator every court in the land will be on your side.