1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bread van

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by hartey, Jan 18, 2014.

1. hartey

hartey Member

So this morning mrs driving me to work, outside shop there is a bread van doing his deliveries, we indicate in, to the 1 1/2 space (for the avant, 2 space for a little car) behind, pulls in, starts reversing car and suddenly bang, I immediately thought she had hit something behind, but when I got out, realised bread man had lowered his tailgate onto my bonnet!!! WTF!!

A lot more went on, and I'm glad I stayed calm, as I wouldn't be here venting my anger on that ****ing dickhead knobhead ****ing gob****e blind ****ing lorry driver!

any lorry drivers here give me advice on procedures when lowering tail lift?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Member

Procedures? One of them isn't lowering onto a car bonnet :laugh: Taking it seriously now, I assume you got the details of the driver if the car was damaged?

My Dad used to drive, I will confirm this with him tomorrow but a lorry driver is the operator of his tail lift, I would of thought he has procedures to follow.. one of which I should hope would be a visual check, there is no excuse other than lack of concentration.. controls are at the tail lift itself.. he should of seen your car. Being the operator of a tail lift he is responsible of the safe operation, same as with any machine / vehicle.

Andy Crooks likes this.
  4. Andy1608

Andy1608 Active Member

Sounds like some seriously un lucky timing.
    I agree with its his duty of care to visually check. He's In control and command.
    has there been much damage?

5. voorhees

voorhees Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Team Brill Red Black Edition

An irresponsible driver/operator every court in the land will be on your side.

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

I take it no one was hurt? In that case, where's the :sign_pics:

voorhees likes this.