1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand New Audi RSAP Mobile Phone Cradle Adaptor

Discussion in 'For Sale/Wanted - Audi Parts' started by Paullie, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Oct 14, 2011]
    Hi there, my other half surprised me the other day with this brand new Audi RSAP Phone Adaptor, however it is not compatible with my Sony Ericsson phone, so it's of no use to me unfortunately. It is perfect if you have Sat Nav and 'Phone Prep Low' in your car (I have it in my 8P S3 and it attaches to a cradle plate in the centre armrest) and it basically upgrades your phone prep to most of the capabilities of 'Phone Prep High'. Remote SIM access profile Bluetooth adaptor cradle. An enhancement of the factory-fitted option "Mobile phone preparation - Low". It enables mobile phone handsets to connect to the phone preparation via Bluetooth Remote SIM Access Profile (rSAP). When handsets are connected, the cradle enables the use of the external GSM car antenna and deactivates the handset antenna in order to minimise GSM radiation in the car and handset battery consumption. The handset is put into standby mode so battery power drain is minimal. Once connected, the cradle connects to the handset automatically and details of up to four handsets can be saved. Only handsets with Bluetooth rSAP functionality are compatible with this adaptor.

You can find out on the following link if it is compatible with your mobile (all Nokia mobiles support RSAP and it works with most Blackberry's and iPhones).

Audi Datenbank für mobile Endgeräte

The RRP on this item at Stoke Audi is £356.57 including VAT.

Audi rSAP phone adaptor, remote sim access profile Bluetooth adaptor cradle.

Here is a photo that I have borrowed from another site, but it shows exactly what you would be getting, the RSAP adaptor, instructions and box. Please note that the one I have for sale is brand new (bought from Plymouth Audi).

£100 including Special Delivery in the UK.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking! :wub: x
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. Kelza

Kelza MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Oct 14, 2011]
    Bargain wish i had phone prep in armrest ,i only have bluetooth...:wub:
  4. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Oct 14, 2011]
    That's a pity Sweetie, would have been perfect for you if you had phone prep! I was considering buying a new phone so I'd be able to make use of it myself, but considering I'm only 4 months into my current contract, it isn't really worth it, so have decided to let it go. :wub: xx
  5. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

[Oct 16, 2011]
    do u know wa phones its compatable with i have stage 3 phone prep in my car according to audi is tha high or low as u call it? i have the backing plate in centre arm rest also have voice comands on steering whell and can control phone while connect thro steering wheel n voice control.
  6. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Oct 16, 2011]
    I have the backing plate in my centre arm rest and all the functionality that you describe your car has, with voice control of my phone and through the seering wheel, so if you have a compatible phone, then the RSAP adapter would work perfectly for you. You can check here if your phone is compatible. :)

Tested mobile devices
  7. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Oct 16, 2011]
  8. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

[Oct 16, 2011]
    my galaxy isnt listed on the link u gave so dont know if it would work shame ur not closer i could pop round n try it but wouldnt like to take chance for £100 cheers tho :thumbsup:
  9. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Oct 16, 2011]
  10. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

[Oct 16, 2011]
    now u got me swaying towards the chance lmao coz my bat goes down really quick in the car mmmm wa to do wa to do
  11. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Oct 16, 2011]
    Hehe, well I've had a few other people interested, but no one has given me a definite request to buy yet, so take your time to decide. No worries! :wub: x
  12. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Oct 20, 2011]
    Now £85 including postage. BUMP! :wub: x
  13. 3.2 Ju

3.2 Ju Well-Known Member

[Oct 22, 2011]
    Tempted by this but neither my desire hd or motorola Atrix are supported it seems (i think it's an android thing!), however there are apps out there that seem to provide the function as long as you don't mind tinkering!
  14. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Oct 24, 2011]
    Right guys, this thing is no good to me as my phone isn't supported, so now reduced to £70 including postage. RRP on this is £356.77 at Stoke Audi!!!

:wub: x
  15. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Oct 30, 2011]
    SOLD! Many thanks everyone for your interest.

Paula :wub: x
  16. Kelza

Kelza MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Oct 30, 2011]
    Someones got a great deal there.xx
  17. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Oct 30, 2011]
    Thanks Sweetie, ..I was gutted it didn't work with my current phone as I would have loved to have kept it for myself, but I'm glad I've found a good home for it, with someone who has an RSAP compatible phone, lol. :wub: xx
  18. dantdi

dantdi ...

[Oct 30, 2011]
    :whistle2::nyah:

Thank you Paullie:thumbsup:
  19. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Oct 30, 2011]
    Lol @ Dan, ..many thanks for your purchase! It's all packaged up and ready to send on its merry way to you tomorrow. :wub: x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.