1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Braking noise problem :s

audi-tk Apr 22, 2011

1. audi-tk

audi-tk Member

Starting to get a noise from the front end of car when I put the brake pedal down slowly or fast. It's like metal to metal hitting sound. Brakes had been changes bout 2 months ago .there very squeaky though.not sure if that's got anything to do with. Really annoying and doesn't sound safe.
    Help appreciated.thanks

Also the brake pedal makes a very spongey sound and it's a loud spongey noise but haven't noticed a change on the braking quality hmmm

2. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Have you got any judder through the wheel as you brake?.

Could be a sticking piston in a caliper. I had it and it was a really bad judder through the steering when I was braking.

T

3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Or the actual pads are siezed on the carrier

4. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Strip them down and apply plenty of copper slip to the required places if they're squealing

5. audi-tk

audi-tk Member

Hi no judder what so ever. I'm thinking they are sticking too. Just sounds like somthing is loose. Any idea on the spongey noise from pedal? Is everyone's pedal make a noticeable spongey noise when pressed heavily. Thanks for replies

6. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Mines always made a slight 'squelch' noise since I've owned it.

Did yours do it before the brakes were worked on?

7. audi-tk

audi-tk Member

has always donethe spongey pedal noise. but taqpping from front has just occured :( gonna get mechanic to strip em. more money :mad: