1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brakes

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by hamski, Sep 12, 2006.

1. hamski

hamski Member

I do need some advice now. Replacement Movit discs for the front are gonna be c£500 for the pair, plus £125 for pads. The discs apparently are in two bits (is this a floating disc?). Does anyone know where I might find a cheaper replacement?
  2. AndyM

AndyM Member

Recently looked into this as my movit setup needed new discs and pads although not actually got around to fitting it yet, QST price was a bit steep when I asked for a quote on replacements.
    I ordered 993TT discs and pads from http://www.design911.co.uk discs were about £160 each and textar pads £70ish.

You need to remove the hat from the porsche disc and swap it over to your Movit hat before fitting.
  3. hamski

hamski Member

Lovely, thanks
  4. hamski

hamski Member

How do you know which ones you need? Is it simply a matter of measuring them?
  5. AndyM

AndyM Member

I checked what the system mine was based on, it uses 993TT calipers with the Mov'it logo machined into them on both sides so I bought 993TT discs to suit, should be 322x32mm.
  6. YX1010

YX1010 YX1010

Go for DBA slotted Rotors front and rear.

This is what I have and i swear by them. I also do quite a bit of track racing and they dont warp like other performance slotted rotors and they have a kangaroo paw system which cools the rotor down faster.

I paid:
    Rear: NZ$450
    Front: NZ$600

check the URL: http://www.dba.com.au/dba_catalogue_2004/HTML/Standardseries/standard_index.htm

Just make sure you have decent pads on them.