1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brakes....

PalmerA8 Jan 5, 2014

1. PalmerA8

PalmerA8 Member

Looking at replacing the brakes on the A8 soon (possibly just fronts - noticed they smell a bit hot when used harshly, also arent as "sharp" as they need to be in a car that size to be honest - rears look fine)

Now id like better brakes if im honest, where do you go for better brakes?

Ill be honest its not something i've done for any car before! O_O!

Any recommendations? I googled and had a brain meltdown haa

2. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

I think you have more chance of getting worthwhile information if you post this in the A8 forum.

Maybe a friendly moderator will move it for you.

Sandra likes this.
  3. Sandra

Sandra Moderator Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter

Moved to correct section. :) x

4. PalmerA8

PalmerA8 Member

A8 section is a bit quiet, was just asking in general where people go for better brakes etc - my first Audi ^^

5. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

By better brakes do you mean uprated pads and discs or do you want to fit larger calipers and then larger different discs and pads?

6. Av4nt

Av4nt Well-Known Member Team V10 Team Sprint quattro Audi S6 s tronic saloon

Better A8 Brakes... you want a couple of flying saucers and pads to match on a car that size :p haha

7. PalmerA8

PalmerA8 Member

Not larger calipers just better brakes lol

8. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

I just fitted Pagid front and rear pads and discs to mine and they seem to be better than the stock Audi parts. You can get these from Eurocarparts - use discount code chill30 for 30% off

9. the_cueball

the_cueball Active Member

after trying loads of different disks and pads, I bit the bullet and got proper Audi ones... cost a bit more, but I've found them to be a lot better than others... including ECP ones.