Brakes grinding

tibbs

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing their brakes grinding when applied? It also gets worse at the rear brakes when reversing

How old is the car?

Have your worn through the disk pads? Are the disc rotors rusty?

It's only 6 months old with 11k mls on it, there appears to be loads left on the pads though

Been driving on any recently resurfaced roads recently? You have got one or more little stones caught between the disc back-plate and the disk

My car has developed an intermittent squeak from one of the wheels when coasting to a halt with no brakes applied. My local stealer sent one of their monkeys out in the car with me and he agreed it was making a noise.

He put the car on a platform and spun the wheels, trying to replicate the noise but failed.

The final conclusion was that it might be a bit of grit making the noise(which wouldn't be covered by warranty), but it would cost me something like £140 to find out.

So I didn't bother, and it still squeaks. It's just another noise to go with the rattles and hums. I wonder when it'll go bang?

Try jet washing the wheels/brakes. Should shift any crap stuck in there. Build up of brake dust often squeaks (been driving like your gran?)