1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brakes for DTM - mintex any good? Or any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Ash B, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. g00se

g00se Active Member

try either:

Performance Brake Discs, MTEC Brakes, Drilled and Grooved, Drilled, Dimpled and Grooved, Grooved Sport Brake Discs

or

:: EBC Brakes Direct Limited ::

i ran MTECS for years on my R32 and S4, but have just switched to EBCs last week.. both are v good

goose

Ash B likes this.
  4. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

5. palfy86

palfy86 Active Member
    Audi A4

Hi mate i sell mintex where i work and to be honest i wouldnt put their pads on my motor the compound is far too hard and often squeks and squeels under braking so id steer clear of these fot your dtm.

MrBones and Ash B like this.
  6. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Cheers mate. I'll give them a miss :thumbsup:

7. Molnboman

Molnboman Well-Known Member

I was frantically trying to find my receipts from last year where I replaced my front discs and pads to answer this post and typically can't find it....now I can't remember whether it was the pads or the discs that were Mintex or Brembo... but am almost sure the discs were Mintex vented undrilled and ungrooved.....but the discs only lasted 9 months. Changed them all to Zimmerman coated discs and pads in June and I have been very happy so far with the performance.

Cheers
    Allan

Ash B likes this.
  8. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Hi Allan,

Haha typical that always happens to me. Specially with part numbers I've have written down and then cant find them to give them to some one and find them when i don't need them :laugh: I'll be avoiding mintex sound like a waste of money. Thanks for the feedback mate appreciate it :thumbsup:

9. UberFiz

UberFiz Member

I have just fitted M-Tec dimpled and grooved discs all round with Mintex pads. Early days but the feel is great!

10. Molnboman

I wouldn't write off Mintex products all together....I used them before on my other cars and they were great....just don't think they are best choice for the A4 B7's imo.

Cheers
    A

#9 Molnboman, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  11. SL11CKK

SL11CKK Active Member

Pagid is the same company as Mintex and if they are anything like Pagid, then I would stay away. Squeaks like mad and yes they are put on right with the arrows corresponding with the direct of the wheel rotation.

I feel like nobody can make pads that actually doesn't squeak. Lol

12. Molnboman

I am using Zimmermann pads front and back ( mainly because the supplier had run out of stock of Bigger brands and they were cheaper too ) for a over a couple of months now and they appear to be performing very well....not a squeak have they uttereth! hehehe

BR
    A