1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake wiring

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by POLNEESSON, Sep 8, 2012.

1. POLNEESSON

POLNEESSON New Member

[Sep 8, 2012]
    Hi,

I'm new to this so any reply would be appreciated.

I have just bought a second hand 2006 b6 a4 avant sline and have a couple of problems with the lights at the back and am looking for a wiring diagram. The rear drivers side cluster has had a botch job done on it and I want to fix it correctly but need to know the colors and pin out.

I think the problem might have come from a toe bar being put on but would like to know what it should be from a drawing.

Also dose anyone know where I could buy connectors and stuff for the job??

Any reply/ help would be appreciated as I have posted on another forum without even getting a reply and not sure if I'm going about posts and stuff the correct way.

Thanks
  2. ChrisShepB7

ChrisShepB7 Member

[Sep 8, 2012]
    You should be able to buy the wires and connectors from Audi. As for the diagrams I couldn't tell you as I'm away from home at the moment but I'm sure someone will be along soon to advise you
  3. murran

murran Active Member

[Sep 9, 2012]
    do you have any pics of how it is now?
    normally after market towbars are fitted with scotch locks that break the towbar wiring into the standard loom without cutting it to shreds etc. non of the standard loom wires are actually cut and bodged to the point you cant work out what was what.
  4. sewell10

sewell10 Member

[Sep 9, 2012]
    Look at the other side
    POLNEESSON likes this.
  5. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

6. POLNEESSON

POLNEESSON New Member

[Sep 14, 2012]
    Hi,

The other side has only 4 wires one neutral and a live for each bulb this side has several with choc block and stuff. There is also a fault with one of the boot tail light as it always comes on if a bulb is in it so the wiring diagram is what I need to sort it out. I have sourced replacement part of loom and internal light cluster.

Yes it's a 2006 B7
  7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Sep 15, 2012]
    Why not trace the connections that dont appear to be original & use a meter to work out which feed does what etc.
    Gazthesparky likes this.