Brake warning light woes!!!

fozworth

Reaction score
I know this problems have cropped up in various forms but I can't find a problem like mine . Basically my large brake warning light comes on and flashes and beeps 3 times but not that often and not generally when cold but from time to time when engine is at running temp and sometimes when cold but only now and again. It doesn't seem lazy on startup and the fluid is full and all pads are fine and new on front.the old front ones were worn past the sensors and I don't know if I needed to reset anything? But I can't think what else it is brakes are working fine.

Only when starting?. Had this issue a few times and there is a known fix for it. Its due to the current draw during starting affecting the level sensor and involves fitting a relay on to the sensor signal wire to dash panel which disconnects it under cranking.

Cheers , is that a main dealer only job plus any idear of the cost. Cheers

If your handy with wiring then its a 10min job. Its only a relay so wont cost much. Is it still under warranty?

No mate but if I knew exactly where it went I could get it done.

il give you a diagram if you want. Just to confirm.. When your cranking the engine.. the red brake warning light iluminates?. Just dont wanna give you a fix and turns out not to be that. PM me your email. Cheers

il give you a diagram if you want. Just to confirm.. When your cranking the engine.. the red brake warning light iluminates?. Just dont wanna give you a fix and turns out not to be that. PM me your email. Cheers

Could you PM me the fix too please.

Thanks mate I've printed it off but I will defo have to get someone to do it . Thanks again though. I will do a search to see if somevone is near to me that can do the job

i have this problem on a 99 S4, i read today that if your battery is on its way out it will cause this problem due to the voltage drop when cranking the engine. Would a battery test show the battery performance dropping and would a new battery resolve it? My problem only started when i'd been away working and had to charge the battery when i got home it never felt 100% for a while when starting but seems fine now

have the same problem. red brake light iluminates when cranking. i would appreciate a diagram for fitting relay. cheers

it is true about the battery because it did the brake warning light on mine a few times not long before the battery died, new battery fitted and i have,nt seen the warning light since.